Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,640 Posts
Rumors are things that get spread around and are not true. I HAVE flipped the short helper and it DID lower an inch. If you don't believe it, try it. You can always flip it back over.

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would estimate around 2.5-3.5 inches. I want to even the back out but don't want to hit on every bump! Also, would you recommend putting some sort of bump stop in there, right now i don' t have anything!

·
Premium Member
13,640 Posts
Read the tech tips archive about the bumpstops. I used a section of pvc pipe rubber clamps, similar to the hose clamps that come with aftermarket intakes, but thicker. Get them from Home Depot or Lowes. For the leaf, try it, but it will be close. You have short shocks right? They should help to keep from bottoming out with the new bump stops.

·
Premium Member
13,640 Posts
No prob. Your truck looks good with the new grill. Did your mirrors and grill surround come painted?

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
imma post some pics of my truck....i flipped my ball joints and put those dearched leaves in.... im not satisfied with what i got so imma put the 2" coils in and maybe some blocks...what i did for bump stops was cuz a piece of a slipper and a piece of metal then i cable tied them together and used that rubber coat shlt... ill psot some pics on those too

·
Registered
103 Posts
i already have 2" coils installed in my truck and i have the 3/4 djm kit(not installed yet).i just ordered and im waiting for the mini c-notch from AIM.i just wanted to know whats the best thing i should to the leafs to make my truck look leveled or at least an inch higher than the front? remove the middle leaf? flip the helper leaf? or both? thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
How could that be? The overload (at least on my truck) doesn't touch the other leafs at all when unloaded... I even took mine out...didn't lower it at all... AT ALL.

·
Premium Member
13,640 Posts
With my drop and the middle leaf removed, my main leaf is arched upside down. So flipping the helper lowered it since it arches up normally.

·
Registered
73 Posts
OOooohhh, you didn't mention removing your middle leaf...that explains it!

How far did removing the middle leaf drop it? Did the ride soften up a lot?

·
Premium Member
13,640 Posts
Honestly, I'm not sure how much it lowered it. It was about 2-2 1/2 yrs ago. I lowered it several times, going lower each time. The rear end still rides great, even as low as it is. The front is stiff cause I cut lowered springs.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
how many inches did u get from that? which is the helper,middle,load leaf?

what are the ways to lower the rear?

will these shocks work? heres the length when extended
front : 11 inches rear: 14.5 inches

the front my b/j are flipped with 2" springs and the rear ill be usin 4" blocks with stock leaves...

·
Premium Member
13,640 Posts
With only 4" blocks in the rear, you will be much lower in the front. To go lower, you can 1st remove the middle leaf, which you can do when you put the 4" blocks in. The middle leaf clamps around the main leaf that is bolted to the frame. Just use something to pry open those clamps and the leaf will come out once your ubolts are loose(loosen the ubolts 1st). Once you do this, your leafs should be arching upside down/ If you want even lower, you can take out the short leaf and flip it over. It naturally arches up. Hope you're not confused.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.