·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone please enlighten me about these lbj failures
I'm not sure what brands to get
The only one ive seen is Delphi
I have stock ride height till i decide to grab a djm kit and some kyb's
I hear mixed things about if this is a 4x4,certain years,mostly from lifting, or what

I have a 99 2wd 2rz 5 speed base model
As plain as it gets

If someone can enlighten me on this it would be appreciated

·
Registered
76 Posts
I would be most concerned with a lifted or slammed truck since the angles created from stock geometry are much greater. I ran a set of Moog for about 9 years on a 3” lift. They weren’t shot but needed replacement so I changed them because the boots were about to rot away.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
I'm pretty sure I'm on the stock ball joints from 2000. My truck has been lowered on coil overs in the front since at least 2011. I've beaten the crap out of it autocrossing and just all around spirited driving. I've never had an issue with mine. Mine is a 2000 5-lug reg cab.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is the info I found out

The 5 lugs do not share the same LBJ design. They technically are not affiliated with the common LBJ failures. It is possible, but the LBJ design is totally different from the known vehicles that have the infamous design flaw.

Affected vehicles 95.5-04 toyota Tacoma’s (6 lug only), 1996-2002 4Runners, 2000-2006 Tundra’s and 2000-2007 Sequoia’s.

Everyone recommends just changing out with OEM only every 100k if you fall under that category

1 - 4 of 4 Posts