Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on the front right now and the back is pretty much finished. I need some advise and pics from anybody who's done the front on 20s :thinking: . I was thinking of going over the upper control arm with bags, but not sure yet. Any help would be great!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothings wrong with that, thats the way I've done all my frontends so far.
I was just trying to do something a little different. Are you running shocks up front, if so where did you put them. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
150 Posts
didnt get that far yet but im most likely going to put them on the strut rod like most people do.. if you do put the bag on the upper arm and plan to run shocks.. try to somehow mount the shock up there to.. with my last toyota i mounted the bag on the lower and the shock off of the upper arm and it beats the ball joints up.. same happend w/ a friends truck

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for warning me about the ball joint issue. If I did put them on top then I had planned on putting the shocks up there too. Do you have a picture of the bag setup where its on the strut rod?

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
there have already been a few threads about laying on 20s and im too lazy to write it out again so just do a search.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sweet, I'm about 2.5 hrs north of LR. I'm runnin 20x8.5 enkei lm1's, with a 40mm offset. I wish I had gotten a different wheel though, because I had to do a ton of work to get them to tuck. But I guess thats the price to pay for a wheel that you like. What are you running on yours?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
KANE said:
Sweet, I'm about 2.5 hrs north of LR. I'm runnin 20x8.5 enkei lm1's, with a 40mm offset. I wish I had gotten a different wheel though, because I had to do a ton of work to get them to tuck. But I guess thats the price to pay for a wheel that you like. What are you running on yours?

PICS MANG, PICS! Why you wish you had a diff wheel? Width too wide for that offset?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Chris said:
PICS MANG, PICS! Why you wish you had a diff wheel? Width too wide for that offset?
I meant pictures of your taco. The 8.5" wide wheel needs more of an offset in order to clear the fenders. I had to flare my fenders to clear the wheels and their still really close. Don't get me wrong I love the design, but its just been a headache.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Chris said:
Ah, my taco's stock for now. not wheels yet. I need to see some of yours!
I will as soon as somebody tells me how to get them to show up on the forum.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts