Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
I don't see how that box could fit behind your seats. I have the same truck so I know how much is back there and how hard it is to make something fit. I just made my box the other day and am going to get some sheet metal to extend the rear cab wall a few inches back to allow it to fit.

If you don't want to cut up your truck like that you minght want to look into getting one of those moulded boxes made for behind the seats or a sub with a smaller mounting depth and make your own box. I think there is a moulded box for sale in the sale sction here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 1998 Single Cab Taco with that exact Kicker Box and I can tell you that it fits just fine back there. I couldn’t believe it would fit at first so what I did before I bought it is that I went to my local Circuit City and I borrowed it so I could test fit it before purchase.
I have a Kicker KX550.3 Amp pushing a set of Rockford Fosgates P152 Components and That TC10 Kicker Sub box. It sounds pretty Gooood.
:waytogo:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Drag Taco LV said:
I don't see how that box could fit behind your seats. I have the same truck so I know how much is back there and how hard it is to make something fit. I just made my box the other day and am going to get some sheet metal to extend the rear cab wall a few inches back to allow it to fit.

If you don't want to cut up your truck like that you minght want to look into getting one of those moulded boxes made for behind the seats or a sub with a smaller mounting depth and make your own box. I think there is a moulded box for sale in the sale sction here.
Did u lose any leg room at all cuz im pretty tall and leg room is very valuble

1 - 7 of 7 Posts