Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have any experience with one of these units? the model number is cl441dsp. it is supposed to be amazing for connecting high quality sound systems to a oem head unit. which is what im plannign on doing.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BRB GTG PP said:
Rockford and AudioControl have them too.
are they comparable to the jl unti? and do you have experience with any of them? if so what is your impression on them.

·
Registered
369 Posts
vtechthis said:
anyone have any experience with one of these units? the model number is cl441dsp. it is supposed to be amazing for connecting high quality sound systems to a oem head unit. which is what im plannign on doing.

Don't do it! Put your money toward a new head unit. You will get sick of the stock h/u's limitations. Remember, your system is only as good as its weekest link..

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GSX-Runner said:
Don't do it! Put your money toward a new head unit. You will get sick of the stock h/u's limitations. Remember, your system is only as good as its weekest link..
hmm see i was told by a reliable source that the clean sweep paired with soem nice amps and a nice eq will sound pretty dang good. that is why i wanted to see if anyone has used one with the 05 taco head unti to see if it in fact sounds good with our head units. oh and i wouldliek to keep the stock head unit not to be cheap because money nto a huge deal but i would liek it to be some what sleeper.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I believe what he's going for is that semi-stealth stereo to keep the thieves away but also have a very good sounding system. I do know the Clean Sweep has a built in EQ but instead of having Bass and Treble controls it actually Flattens the normally peaky sound of an OE headunit.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ta-low-ma said:
I believe what he's going for is that semi-stealth stereo to keep the thieves away but also have a very good sounding system. I do know the Clean Sweep has a built in EQ but instead of having Bass and Treble controls it actually Flattens the normally peaky sound of an OE headunit.
:waytogo: even though he drives a honda i have to say that man is right.:lol:

·
Registered
835 Posts
Is it similar to the Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.1 and .2? if it is I will tell you all about it next week. But my rep at rockford tells me you can run it off a stock headunit and have aftermarket quality still

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gumby said:
Is it similar to the Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.1 and .2? if it is I will tell you all about it next week. But my rep at rockford tells me you can run it off a stock headunit and have aftermarket quality still
what is the price on the rockford?

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
George4drV6 said:
I dumped my head unit after a week of installing my MB Quarts and amp before swapping it out. My new head unit sounds incrediblky better. I wanted to the stealth install but needed sound and the stock HU couldnt cut it.
what kind of converter were you using?

·
www.LiquidAss.com
3,345 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
The cleansweep would not be necesary on a tacoma but more practical on a factory amped system like an Escalade with the bose system. I would recommend going with either an Audiocontrol LC6 or RF 3 Sixty.2 if you want some tuning capabilites. I think someone has one for sale in the Buy/Sell forums. ;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
The Cleansweep is a great product... just not all that necessary. I am a very big fan of all that encompasses JL but not so big on the clean sweep. 1) No sub woofer out put sure you can ad a bass knob but still no dedicated output. 2) If you have a crossed over signal from the deck you need to purchase a separate couple hundred dollar unit to make it work. 3) Most HU's freq. response isn't that horrible. It is nothing worse than a "hit single producer" in a studio who knows how to make money not fidelity music reproduction which so many artists are using.

I would personally swap out the HU for a good unclipped aftermarket deck. More versitile, cost effective, and simpler to install. If that isn't an option than a high quality LOC is the way to go. Soundgate makes a great 4 ch. piece forget part #. Used a few of them with great results.

As you see I am new here and seems to be a pretty good forum. Hope to learn and share a lot of info.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts