Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried out the jet v-force? I'm thinking about getting one. Any results?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You talk about the ECU upgrade, but you don't mention anything about the v-force control module. This product just came out! Does anyone else know what I am talking about?

·
Registered
282 Posts
I've seen that too, been wondering about purchasing it. No idea what EXACTLY does it do... Looks just like an Air/Fuel ratio adjustment with spark timing.

D

·
0 Posts
the general opinion from most import tuners is that jet products are gargabe. and if you look it is on gadgets site.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Only the Jet ECU upgrade is on Gadget's site. The Jet V-force is a new product that has just came out. It allows re-mapping of the fuel/air mixture and changing of the spark advance. Has anyone heard of the APEX'I AFC? The V-force is similar to it. I've done some research and have found some positive things obout the V-force. I'll take the gamble and get. I'll let you know how it turns out. One plus to the v-force over the APEX'i AFC is that it's $200 less!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I installed the v-force on my truck. At first I was disappointed. However, I was at sea level when I tested it. Now, the response of the line is amazing, and top end is much stronger. I noticed the power increase extends to about 5200 rpms, where as before it was around 4800rpms. I'm going to check stat with a G-tech pro and see truly if increased my HP. It shouldn't be to hard to test being that it has an override switch.

D

·
0 Posts
I was looking at Jet performances homepage for info on the Jet V force controller.

The page states the following:

The JET V-Force Power Control Modules (PCM) uses the same computer tuning technology found in JET's popular domestic tuning products. A 20Mhz RISC microprocessor optimizes the ignition spark advance and recalibrates the fuel map for optimum horsepower and acceleration.

Modified Ignition Curve
Recalibrated Air/Fuel Ratio for Maximum Performance
Improved 1/4 Mile E.T's
LED Read Out
On/Off Override Switch

After reading this it seems to be that one still has relatively little control over the car's ignition curve or air fuel ratio. The page says the module optimizes the ignition curve and recalibrates the air fuel ratio. Now there are a bunch of LEDs and an on/off switch but that seems to be all. How can one adjust the air fuel ratio throughout the rpm range? What about exact adjustment to the ignition curve? The APEX AVC R supposedly allows one to adjust the fuel curve throughout the rpm range. It has graphs and numerical readouts that show real time figures. The Jet force module has not numerical read outs or display (other then a bunch of LED's) so how exact could it be?

I am not saying the Jet V force module wont help but when compared to the Apex unit it seems that the Jet module does not allow fine tuning. I am curious to hear what Jet has to say about the V force's true capabilities. The company/product webpage does not give a very detailed description of the units features.

·
Registered
282 Posts
How do you feel a difference? Just wanna know exactly what it does before i go out n buy it : P

·
Registered
282 Posts
"I'm going to check stat with a G-tech pro and see truly if increased my HP." How much of a diff do ya feel, in your opinion was it worth the $200?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is it worth it? Yes, if you have minor mods (i.e. - intake, headers, etc.) I think that it's better than the S-AFC. Plus, the AFC is about $150 to $200 more.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Sweet, just put one on order : P.

·
j-baby
3,644 Posts
any other comments about te module that i may need toknow, im gonna order one within the next week, was it hard to install??

D

·
0 Posts
I think anyone that buys this Jet force thing is really wasting their money.

I challenge any of you with one to show any real proof that this jet force crap will give you ANY performance gain and Im not talking about "I can really feel a difference". Lets see some reduced quarter mile time slips. How about some independently performed dynos with before and after results. Funny but I know I wont ever see them.

I read the posts on this board all the time and some people on this board really buy into alot of the garbage the import perf. market sells. There are tons of parts that just dont work and many import tuners are out just to make money. I have seen what works first hand at the drag strip and while running cars on the dyno. Im not claiming to know everything but I do have a good idea about what will make power. If anyone wants to see further why I know this Jet force module is such garbage then just look at one of my older posts under this topic. All Im trying to do is help others save their cash for parts that will make real power.

Glenn

1 - 20 of 44 Posts