Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some some typical gains for a 06 4liter Tacoma with JBA headers? Will it reduce my Torqe? Is there anything I should worry about? Is it worth it?:confused:

·
Vendor
7,124 Posts
I do not know of any dyno tests for those headers.

I can tell you when properly installed you will notice the gain.

Just make sure the front of the cats are opened enough so that the headers tuck inside of the cat and don't have the cat tuck into the header. If you do it that way you will cause a HUGE flow restriction. Doing it the right way take a little more effort.

Gadget

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gadget said:
I do not know of any dyno tests for those headers.

I can tell you when properly installed you will notice the gain.

Just make sure the front of the cats are opened enough so that the headers tuck inside of the cat and don't have the cat tuck into the header. If you do it that way you will cause a HUGE flow restriction. Doing it the right way take a little more effort.

Gadget
I've heard of headers melting wires etc... Will the JBA's do that? Are they street legal in CA?

·
Vendor
7,124 Posts
Melting what wires? There are no wires anywhere near the exhaust on the 1GR.

Yes, the JBA is CARB approved. We have them in stock at URD ready to ship if you want a set. I can even recommend a top notch shop to do the install if you want.

Gadget

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Gadget said:
Melting what wires? There are no wires anywhere near the exhaust on the 1GR.

Yes, the JBA is CARB approved. We have them in stock at URD ready to ship if you want a set. I can even recommend a top notch shop to do the install if you want.

Gadget
Well since I have you giving me advice tell me what you think. I want to install your URD CAI with the JBA headers + a tuning chip of some sort.? Will that give me a good amount of performance gains?

As long as you say that it will not screw anything up with my engine or emmisions I would like to buy a set. Who do you recomend I have install them? and how much will they cost. And I might as well ask what do you think typical gains are? Will they compliment my 40 series flowmaster Catback system?

·
Registered
216 Posts
i have jba on my truck and i can feel a little more torque. i will be getting my truck dyno and tune next month. i will give you the result.

·
Registered
216 Posts

·
Vendor
7,124 Posts
KC777 said:
Well since I have you giving me advice tell me what you think. I want to install your URD CAI with the JBA headers + a tuning chip of some sort.? Will that give me a good amount of performance gains?

As long as you say that it will not screw anything up with my engine or emmisions I would like to buy a set. Who do you recomend I have install them? and how much will they cost. And I might as well ask what do you think typical gains are? Will they compliment my 40 series flowmaster Catback system?
JP Performance in Santa Ana is a great exhaust shop. Just tell them Gadget from URD sent you. They put on a JBA header for us just the other day.

I am excited that so many people are interested in our CAI project. I am sure when you combine that with your exhaust mods and tune it all properly with our MAF Sensor Calibrator you will be very happy with the noticable gains in fun!! Just keep in mind that our CAI will not be smog approved in Cali, so you will have to make sure the smog folks don't see it.

Gadget

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gadget said:
JP Performance in Santa Ana is a great exhaust shop. Just tell them Gadget from URD sent you. They put on a JBA header for us just the other day.

I am excited that so many people are interested in our CAI project. I am sure when you combine that with your exhaust mods and tune it all properly with our MAF Sensor Calibrator you will be very happy with the noticable gains in fun!! Just keep in mind that our CAI will not be smog approved in Cali, so you will have to make sure the smog folks don't see it.

Gadget
Yes I'm planning on keeping my old intake. Just for smog. How much should it cost me to to install the JBA headers... est?

·
Registered
231 Posts
JBA will tell you it's 6 hours for the install, so if the shop isn't familiar with Toyotas they will probably hit you with something like $500. Is your truck a 4X4 or PreRunner? 4X4's take a bit longer.

It also depends on where you buy them. For example, if you buy them from me I give a much better price when I install them than if you show up off the street with your own set.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
test driver said:
JBA will tell you it's 6 hours for the install, so if the shop isn't familiar with Toyotas they will probably hit you with something like $500. Is your truck a 4X4 or PreRunner? 4X4's take a bit longer.

It also depends on where you buy them. For example, if you buy them from me I give a much better price when I install them than if you show up off the street with your own set.
Well I live in SoCal (Ventura) so I don't know if you are close or not... my truck is a 4x4 so whats a price? What do you think my gains in Hp and Torque?:) Is it worth it like I said I have an 06 4liter.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DOGO X said:
500 for installing the headers! :looney:
thats what I was thinking...!!Thats almost 1000 bones:mad: I

·
Black Beauty
1,458 Posts
how would you hide it from smog

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
kingcha said:
how would you hide it from smog
They are 50 state Street Leagle... :D My question is will they increase my torque

·
Registered
216 Posts
you can feel it:D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts