Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

I've Got Questions: You've Got Answers

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  FishyTaco 
I hope... haha. Just gonna throw out a few quick questions that I've searched, but am looking for percise answers. You guys helped before, hopefully you can do it again.

1. I'm running 31x10.5x15 Dick Cepek Mud Country's. Wondering what the ideal tire pressure is. Most all rural roads (paved), bit of city driving, and mild offroad about once a week. Looking for best gas milage pressure. ???

2. I've been lifting my truck since last June, and am finally satisfied (for now). Went for an alignment, needed tie rod ends, long story short....my tires are f*#! Is there anyway to remedy the scallop? Rotate and hope for the best once I'm all lined up again?

3.Because of question #2, I'm shopping for new tires. I really want 33x12.5's on my current 15" Mickey T Classic 2's. With 3-5/8 backspacing and 30 mm offset. My truck has about 3" of SL (OME). I clear my 31's no prob. Am I gonna run into rub issues? Planning on a 2.5" BL in the spring, but I want the tires before the BL.

4. Obviously in the market for tires. But 80% of my running is ON ROAD. She's my daily driver. So it makes sense for me to get an AT tire, But they're all ugly. I love the aggressive tread of an MT, especailly the side wall tread. So (common question I know) is there an eggressive AT that looks decent but won't deafen me or kill my milage. I'v been reading up on the Goodyear Duratracs, which are about my only and first choice right now...any other suggestions?

5. I've had an engine code on for a while now, and have come to the conclussion that its my front O2 sensor (just replaced the rear this past fall) However, I've read that it could be an exhaust leak causing the code as well. I have NO exhaust leaks, but my muffler is SHOT. Could an exhaust leak out of my muffler throw a code?

6. Whats a nice quiet sounding muffler? I don't really want to buy a stocker. I'd like to have a little growl, but nothing obnoxious. Mines a 3.4L 5spd. V6's dont typically sound any good with a exhuast, but I just want something tastefull.....and comparable to the price of a stock one:)

I think thats all, thanks for any and all advice!!

1. I would say around 40-45psi. for that tire. our truck is about 5100lbs and that tire is rated for 2270lbs at 50 psi (ea.) x4 = 9080lbs. Put it this way, the truck came with bfg rugged trails at 2185lb @ 35psi. the sticker inside the door sill says to run 26psi front and 29psi rear. The max psi rating is for the weight of your vehicle and any load you will be carrying. You don't have to run it at full psi. You could do the chalk line method, draw a chalk line on the tire or ground and rotate the tire to mark. if the line is all the way across, then your good to go . best bet for even wear is to rotate your tires.

2. best bet, to get new tires and realign again. my father is in this situation right now. i am also changing struts and shocks.

3. i ran a set of 31x12.5 ltb's on 15X10 welds (about the same specs) with about 2.5"sl and 1" bl = 3.5" on the front and i did not rub while wheeling. It might fit with a 5.5 inch lift, depends if you go with an all terrain or mud tire. You may just go ahead and go with a 3" bl.

4. BFG's A/T's cause i am biased. what about the DC fun country's? your already going to kill your gas mileage with bigger tires. also bigger lug tires will kill your mileage as well.

5.Get a ScanGauge II and find out for sure. it could be your CAT(s) that is going bad. i doubt if a leak at the muffler is the cause, because it is after all the O2 sensors. My fathers muffler must be all rusted out, but still flows and no codes at 280k miles on the stock muffler.

6. Magnaflow 18" muffler single in /single out (straight through). or if you want louder, go to a 16" or 14". or Flowmaster 50's, 40's are too loud (baffles)

depending on which type magna you buy. i think they also have exhaust tone clips on their website.

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/02muffler.asp

i have the oval offset in /offset out 2.25in 18" long in the stainless steel. it lines up pretty close if not exactly to the stock exhaust piping.

oh, i got mine from here http://www.summitracing.com/search/?keyword=magnaflow%20stainless%20mufflers&dds=1

you may find it cheaper somewhere else so check the internet.

you can do what 00LiftedTaco said, but if you don't have an extra truck, do the SL and BL first and then go mount the tires. it may look stupid for awhile, but its not permanent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.