Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know imma get bagged on for asking so many similiar questions but if i knew then i wouldnt ask... is the djm control arm kit the same as flipping the b/j? if not how much does each lower? if not again what would the total drop be if you also used 2" coils?

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Th DJM kit does involve flipping the B/J, it comes with the upper arm to maintain good alignment. If you are going to put 2"drop coils in it to, you will be really low! About 5 inches of drop, give or take.
I did the DJM kit and haven't had any troubles, i am going lower but need to figure out how I want to do it. I would recommend putting the DJM kit on first and then seeing how you like it, then putting the 2" drop coils if you still want to.

How are you lowering the back? 4" blocks? If you do DJM with 2" coils you will be sitting REALLY stinkbug!

Hope it helps

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have dearched leaves....if its that low ill maybe add blocks but ive been getting bad responses about dearched leaves

·
Premium Member
13,639 Posts
Not that they are bad, but there was no reason to spend that much for them when all you need is lowering blocks. I think you said you get them very cheap though. You said they were supposed to lower the rear 4" right? From there, add blocks.

·
Premium Member
13,639 Posts
So try them out and let us know the result. I have driven minitrucks since 89' and never knew anyone who used them.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just called that one shop that awiseguy reffered us to...and the answer i got about the control arms and b/j are different....he would be flippinf just the lower part and the djm kit takes care of the upper part.... so since people are comfortable with 3/4 i should be good...about 3"- 3.5" in the front and about 4" in the back

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
I did my own istallation and put the bottom ball joint on top of the lower arm and then also put the upper one on top of the new DJM control arm. I believe that the DJM arm pushes the spindle outward and is a tad bit more arched then a stock arm, I can't tell you for sure though. It just makes sense to me like that.

Another thought, are you going to need a C-notch with dearched leaves or are they translated as the same thing as 4" blocks? I haven't heard anything about dearched leaves.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts