Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 Tacoma Extra Cab and my interior is pretty plain. I have A sub box that takes the whole back seat with two 12" Pioneers and then the All Weather Floor Mats. Otherwise, its stock.

I would really like to make my interior nice but have no idea what to do. What have other people done they are happy with? Does anyone know of a good sub box that allows for 2 subs and usage of at least 1 rear seat?

·
Registered
952 Posts
I keep my interior stock. I am just a simple person. Plenty of interior customization in some of the older threads. Also, why use 2 subwoofers when 1 subwoofer can do a better job and save space?

-Paul

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,677 Posts
Some of the center console - type XtraCab sub boxes allow both rear seats to be used. I don't know of any such boxes, however, which provide for more than 1 subwoofer... :thinking:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the 60/40 bench seat. I would like to get bucket seats tho. Does anyone have any/or know which models the seats fit. Then I could get a center console sub box. I think that would be very nice.

I also wish when I bought my subs, I bought one really high quality sub that would fit in the center of the two seats with the custom box I have seen.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,677 Posts
97Taco2426 said:
I have the 60/40 bench seat. I would like to get bucket seats tho. Does anyone have any/or know which models the seats fit. ...
Your passenger seat is already an OEM Tacoma bucket. The quickest ways to end up with a bucket set are:

(1) Pick up a pre-2005 Tacoma driver's side bucket

(2) Have an upholstery shop chop down the '60' driver's seat into a narrower bucket.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Enola Gaia said:
Your passenger seat is already an OEM Tacoma bucket. The quickest ways to end up with a bucket set are:

(1) Pick up a pre-2005 Tacoma driver's side bucket

(2) Have an upholstery shop chop down the '60' driver's seat into a narrower bucket.
how much is it and how comfortable is the driver seat after you cut down the bench seat? I can't believe I never thought about that!

-Paul

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,677 Posts
CT-zen lowandloud reported having done it in this March 2004 thread:

http://www.customtacos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21091

He paid a local upholstery shop $50 to do it (not sure you'll get away that cheap without a hookup, though ...).

I think the interior photo in lowandloud's Gallery shows the (later-installed) 4Runner seats, not the chopped 60/40's ...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was thinkin about changin my dash light to neons. I see when people do it, they get "hot spots" What is a hot spot? And do you need a special bulb to do it?

Im currently lookin for a new sub box, possible new amp. I have two 12" Pioneer 600 Watt subs, with a Pioneer 850 Watt amp. I got a deal on it but In not too happy with it. If I could find one sub that sounds better than those, I would like to do that. What does anyone recommend for subs? I was thinkin of goin with an MTX and then gettin a new amp as well.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,677 Posts
97Taco2426 said:
I was thinkin about changin my dash light to neons. I see when people do it, they get "hot spots" What is a hot spot? And do you need a special bulb to do it? ...
The 'hot spot' issue has been reported in a number of the early attempts to swap ** LED ** (not neon) bulbs into the pre-2005 dashes.

'Hot spot' is a phrase meaning that the illumination is uneven - i.e., that it's brighter ('hotter') in some places than others.

Experimentation has usually identified LED's that minimize 'hot spots'.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Build you some nice fiberglass pods for your doors and do a blow threw, don't be a chicken get the saws-all out and cut the cab to bed yaa get a tanu and an accordion gasket. go big ! :waytogo: Fiber glass door pods + blowthru :exactly: neon =gay :lol: flame stickers = illegal mex. well you know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts