Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have a part number for a radio installation kit for a taco with a radio without the factory pocket beneath?Or will any kit work?

Thanks Dirk

·
Premium Member
8,245 Posts
I'm not sure quite what you're asking for... but any DIN model deck should fit right in with no problems, just get a Toyota wiring harness to make it much simpler.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have a pocket under my factory radio, so when i take it there will be a HUGE hole there instead , a double din , instead a regular din.

·
Premium Member
8,245 Posts
So you have a big double DIN reciever there now and are installing a single DIN and there will be a hole? If I'm understanding that right, call crutchfield, tell them what you''re trying to do and they'll hook you up with what you need.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My stock radio is a regular radio witha cassete part in the bottom. Crutchfield is too expensive. I know Scosche sells a installtion kit, but i'm not sure if i will work right.

·
Registered
760 Posts
most decks dont need a install kit, but you will need the pocket, its only like 5 bucks and you can buy it at tweeter,best buy,or where ever they do installs.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I got a deck off crutchfield too, they sent me that pocket thing you're talking about even though I didn't need it.

Since I had an extra one I decided to try and have a little fun. I created a spot for my aftermarket switches - fog lights, neons, amp cut-off (in case a cop pulls up next to me at the light). It looks better in real life then in the pic, trust me. I included the attachment.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why don't you need an install kit? Doesn't the radio go into the pocket or does the pocket go below the radio?

Thanks Dirk

·
Registered
953 Posts
The pocket goes below the radio. It is just used for storage (but is too small to really put anything in). The deck that came installed in your truck will have 2 brackets (one on each side of your radio) that you will need to remove with a screwdriver and reuse on your new deck. All you will need is a wiring harness for the install. If you do replace a double din radio with a single din one, then you should also look for one of those pockets too before installing it.

·
il padrino
5,165 Posts
I replaced the double DIN unit with my single Alpine CD deck. I got the pocket for underneath the deck straight from the Toyota parts department at the dealership. It costs about $25 and should tie into any quality aftermarket deck without any mods.

·
Registered
69 Posts
there is a kit for your truck I got one. Just got to any stereo place and ask them for a instalation kit for your year taco. It costed me $15 and it works and looks fine. My kit even has a spot for an eq if I decide to get one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts