Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 98 tacoma and i want to remove the inner fenders under the hood
i need to know what is above the fuse box under the hood and if i need it any more

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
I cut mine out, but not the entire fenderwell. All the components stayed in place:

You can't even tell that the driver side is cut out because of all the crap mounted over it.

·
Premium Member
13,639 Posts
Mine is a 95 and a V6 so it looks a little different under the hood. I had to cut more than Miniac since I don't have airbags to lift it up and so I can turn. I relocated the battery to the bed and moved the charcoal canister and fuse box forward where the battery used to be. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what is the charcol canister used for
do i need it.?
did yoiu have to extend anyof the wires from the fuse box?

·
Premium Member
13,639 Posts
The cannister has something to do with the gas fumes. I just bought some longer hoses and moved it. I have seen people remove it completely. The fuse box, I moved the top bracket forward to another hole that is already there and mounted the bottom mount to the old battery mount. Hope this makes since.

·
Premium Member
13,639 Posts
Yes, water and dirt enters the engine bay, but most of it is above the tires and in front of the tires. Hasn't caused me any problems. Water gets in when you clean it with a hose. You could always have steel fender wells welded in. Just put them higher than the stock ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts