Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make em ?? or know of a universal kit ? would this be too hard to do ...I was thinking about making flanges off the head and using suzuki hayabusa itb's ....any tips ,ideas,input.....?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Why would you put ITB on your truck? It would make a huge difference if A you could get it tuned properly B if you had built your engine already. I don't have any idea what it would do for a stock engine.

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
10,933 Posts
It would have a big impact- the problem is tuning, and after tuning smog- because an ITB tune and a smog tune are completely different!

·
Vendor
7,124 Posts
This has already been done. I have seen a few of them.

to do this you will want a true standalone system and you may want to talk to the folks at Weber Redline. The last time I was at their facility they had these individual throttle body assemblies stacked all over the place. I am sure they can set you up with a nice package to do what you want.

Gadget

·
Registered
10 Posts
use a set off of a smashed 02+ Suzuki GSX-R 1000. You'll have to do some fab work, but they are fairly easy to make yourself. We've done it a few times for the Nissan KA24DE in a couple 240sx's. I'm just going to say, performance wise, the power is there, but you'll have to tune it. Otherwise its loud...really loud, but sounds really mean.

·
Registered
135 Posts
NADA PINK TACO said:
i wanted to do this but i was told that since i had a low comperison motor it wouldnt be as good as a turbo. :shrug:
Nothing even compares to a turbo. Look at all the trucks here, no truck can compare to the turboed trucks. Turbo #1.

·
Registered
8,276 Posts
www.twminduction.com
This is a SICK setup, if your engine is fully built. Not if it's totally stock !
At first I wanted to take that route, but since I'm driving my truck mostly on the street, and occasionally on the track, I figured it's not worth it.
For one, since there is no filters, your engine will suck in a HUGE amount of air. With air, dust and debris also get sucked in....that means that you'll have to change your engine oil every 1500 miles or so to keep it running efficently. AND even that, the life-spam of your engine will drastically decrease.
Oh, like everyone said: you must have a full standalone to proparly tune it, since you'll bypass the MAF sensor and other fancy sensors.
Either an Haltech EX6, AEM EMS, or a Apexi power FC (good luck finding an authorized dealer that knows out to tune it to its full potential)...or something else...(MoTec ? $$$$$$...:shrug: ....:D )

·
Registered
8,276 Posts
They've been on their site for quite a while (on Paradise Racing site)....but I haven't heard anyone using them...on the taco that is...

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
i think itb's would be cool even on a stock motor just for the throttle repsonse alone.
plus the motor would SCREAM at top end.
m3's have itb's and that motor fairly mild.. but damn its responsive, such a blast to drive

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Alex B. said:
www.twminduction.com
This is a SICK setup, if your engine is fully built. Not if it's totally stock !
At first I wanted to take that route, but since I'm driving my truck mostly on the street, and occasionally on the track, I figured it's not worth it.
For one, since there is no filters, your engine will suck in a HUGE amount of air. With air, dust and debris also get sucked in....that means that you'll have to change your engine oil every 1500 miles or so to keep it running efficently. AND even that, the life-spam of your engine will drastically decrease.
Oh, like everyone said: you must have a full standalone to proparly tune it, since you'll bypass the MAF sensor and other fancy sensors.
Either an Haltech EX6, AEM EMS, or a Apexi power FC (good luck finding an authorized dealer that knows out to tune it to its full potential)...or something else...(MoTec ? $$$$$$...:shrug: ....:D )
upgrading to itb's doesnt just give you 4 intakes that suck a whole bunch of air. you can run itb's into a collector then to the stock intake with all the sensors and modify the tps to work on the itb's like on beamers. isnt the point to get a direct well mixed shot of air and fuel into the combustion chamber?

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
10,933 Posts
itbs are supposed to be for each cylinder... running an itb to a collector is pointless...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts