Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i got my first question for ya.

ok every vehicle or any vehicle i have i have to and will make it faster for the street or make it smoother for the dirt. ive read the sticky on "how to lift your tacoma" and have done lots of research on ways to get lift, ride comfort, stability, etc... i previously owned a 1963 baja bug that was highly modified and was my daily driver to school/work and back. heres a website that has pics of it
www.vwbaja.net
www.blacktopdyno.com its the purple baja.

well in the future as i add and add on to my tacoma my main investment is gonna be suspension travel. ive heard with my truck that you can get 12-13in travel in the front and about 17in travel in the rear. ive seen total chaos as the most mentioned dealer for long travel as well as other companies i cant think of right now.ok now for the question. i want long travel tacoma but street legal and daily driver. i know its possible but im not sure on the route i should go. its use other then driven on the road will be slight jumps not hardcore but i want a smooth landing, i would rather be overkill on the suspension then not enough. 50mph across long dirt roads, splashing through mud/water holes, donuts, just that kind of stuff. im new to the tacomas so forgive my stupidity in questioning but i can relate.

thanks any opinions and help greatly appreciated,

Rodney

·
ChocoTaco
2,491 Posts
yea, give us a little more info on you tacoma and maybe we can help you out. Is it a mini, prerunner, or 4x4? What year is it (the rears on the older tacos are different).

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
total chaos LT up front. Deaver 62's out the rear. That's your best bet for the numbers you're talkin.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
sorry guys... the truck is a 1995 toyota tacoma, 4x4,5spd, ext. cab. 79,000 miles on it, silver, only thing aftermarket are the tires and wheels. i would post pics but have no digi camera.

p.s. oh its also a 2.7l 4 cylinder

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
o yeah definately gonna keep the front diff as is. like i said it will be a daily driver and ill be moving near truckee so im gonna need some good travel( not really but i want it lol) as far as shocks go, is there a brand in mind that has its purpose for its terrain? if that made any sense. when installing the rear springs is it difficult to relocate the back spring mount? are special tools required to do this?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts