Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it me or is everybody trashing on the 4 cyl. lately. im a 4BANGER and proud of it. and im not trashing 6 cyl. they are fast but it doesnt mean that 4 cyl. are slow either. i got love for all Tacos I4, V6, 4x2, and 4x4. im just going to leave it at that.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I'm with you man! The 4 cyl will beat most other 6 cyls. I myself have a 6 cyl, however, my friend has a 4 cyl and it definitely has some balls!

·
Premium Member
13,640 Posts
I agree. If you already have a 4cyl, you have to upgrade it. You can't just go and get a V6. there are plenty of parts for the 4cyl to make it faster than a V6, even the s/c V6. I also love ALL Tacos

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i feel like a lower life form or something. i just love my truck and i hope alot of ppl do too but having a 6 cyl. is cool but it also doesnt mean that 4 cyl. is a piece of [censored]. we love tacomas for what they are. well thats just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
8,245 Posts
Yep, any Taco is a sweet truck, they just are...and both 4 and 6 can be upgaded with tons of options, face it, they're good motors, either one. I know I love my 4banger, I can't speak personally for the 6cyl, but I'm sure it's a great machine as well, I've heard and seen enough good stuff about both.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Mine is a 4 cyl automatic, its a little slow off the line but scoots along pretty good. Sometimes I wish I had got a 5 spd but when I hit the traffic coming home from work, and when I set the cruise on the highway, its all good! Maybe I'll afforrd a supercharger someday?

·
Premium Member
8,245 Posts
Yeah, I'm definately glad I have a stick, it's really pretty peppy of the line....but the nice thing is I have Cruise Control also, I've never seen that option on a stick before, but I really enjoy it headin' home as well!

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I love the stick but rush hour BLOWS. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 2nd, 3rd, 1st...etc. AZ Freeways suck! Going home is the only time I wish I had an automatic...I've never driven one actually...

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
4 Cyl tacomas are nothing shy of a TACOMA... I hear ya. First and foremost when i see other trucks at the races it makes my heart so proud!! Especially if it's a tacoma... cause i don't think people realize how fast these baby's can haul. I have a 6cyl and i used to drive a '99 4banger.. i never did any mods, but looking into the market now, that turbo looks QUITE promising!!

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Don't be sad.... I my self have a 4cyl auto... yeah i wish i gotten a stick.. but back then I didn't know how to drive stick.. spend $ 450 on a NOS 50 shot dry kit and pass up a V6 Tacoma or keep up with a Supercharged version... and you still save money.. but not to trash the V6 brothers out there... Toyota makes GOOD Engines.. remember power to weight ratio... we may have small engines but we are lighter.. but it doesn't matter how much power you have.. it's how you drive it... if I had a V6 S/C.. I'd slap some Mud tires and raise the sucker and go mad off -roading. Beside the 2.4 was made for the street...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yo street fighter nice to hear your opinion man. im over here in San Diego and all the filipinos know you here =)

·
Registered
186 Posts
i live here in the valley of the sun ,and all the poeple down here for the winter drive me crazy b/c they drive like sh*t...all slow and they'll pull out in front of you no matter fast your going ...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Tell me about it!!! and they'll leave their hazard lights on too, so that you dont know where the hell they're going!! Damn maryland drivers!!! LOL...

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Who's raggin' on 4 banger Tacos!?!? Let's jack that fools truck and spray paint it doo doo brown with hot pink polka dots. Slap multi-colored customtacos stickers all over it. Super-glue Pep Boys hubcaps on his rims and mount one on da grile and tailgate for decor. Fill up his whole exhaust piping with bananas and weiners. Replace his intake with custom Home Depot toilet plumbing and mount a coconut with holes for the filter.

I don't know . . . just thought I'd join in on the fun!

D

·
0 Posts
All Tacomas are bad-a$$!!!!!! I had a 2000 4x4 V6 5spd and now have a 1996 4x4 reg cab 4-banger 5spd. my '96 is close to being just as quick as the 2000, it just can't hold the power all the time, I have 3.58 gearing with 265 series tires(31's basically). it will get up and go pretty good but sometimes has troubles on hills in 5th gear. oh well, it's a tacoma, that's enought for me!

·
Good Fuel Mileage Truck
1,416 Posts
I also have a 4cyl / 5spd. with cruise control.
I have a few other things that most 4's don't: power windows/locks,and factory tach.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts