Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Animal Mother
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I pull up to a light.... Im in the left lane....
In the right lane pulls in a full size F-350 Powerstroke Turbo Diesel.
Its an old guy driving, but I was checking it out, cuz I actually heard it over my exhaust...
Light turns green, and he PUNCHES it.....
Now lemme tell ya..... i'm impressed with the pickup this thing had. Obviously I took him out easily....but I KNOW this guy could have beat a stock Xrunner.

So... the question is.... was he modded? Or are those things really that quick off the line?

Edit - Dont start talking shlt about racing on the street, cuz frankly I dont give a shlt about how you feel about it :)

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
i aint gonna talk about street racing

but how about i key ur truck? cuz frankly I dont give a shlt about how you feel about it.

·
Animal Mother
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, but if you are the type of person to key a truck, you should get the shlt beaten out of you, and hung up by your balls.
I assume you are trying to fvck with me...... I have no idea why someone would want to do something like that.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
XRobber said:
Sorry, but if you are the type of person to key a truck, you should get the shlt beaten out of you, and hung up by your balls.
I assume you are trying to fvck with me...... I have no idea why someone would want to do something like that.
ya im just ****in with ya lol

·
slow poke
3,098 Posts
he's the beach cruiser... cruising the beaches all over the city of Orlando...

but those turbodiesels don't take much to put out way too much power!!

·
Registered
8,276 Posts
With a Banks turbo charger they put out extra 120 ponies easily....w/o talking about the monster torque (in the 700 range...:jawdrop: )

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Modded they are 500hp/1000lb ft... stock 325hp/550 lb-ft... that is the 6.0.... (you can tell by the "Powerstroke" badge on the side of the truck, red writing is 6.0, black is 7.3).. next year the 6.8 twin turbo comes out.. 800lb-ft stock!!!
My cuz's 7.3 on 42's if pretty quick, he's got a few mods (i/e chip, e-fan (stock fan weighs 50lbs and runs 100% no clutch) kinda slow off the line, but once that bitch gets moving, it MOVES... even with 42's and dual rear wheels, it will smoke a hemi on the highway.... definately needs a tranny upgrade tho because it needs to upshift sooner (powerband is 1500-2500 RPm, it likes shifting at 3300 for some reason) but once it upshifts to O/D at 1500rpm watch out.. it pulls like a mofo... but thats a 7.3.

A modded 6.0 would be killer... a stock 4x4 one is in the mid 16's i believe (19 pulling a 7500# trailer!!!!)...
You should watch out for modded ones tho.. they have slow 60 ft's (like over 2 secs) but run high 11's in the quarter... riddle me that... just so ya know, once they get moving, they get MOVIN'.....

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
10,933 Posts
Yeah they're very VERY FAST... In my days of running nitrous, I ran ito one that didn't appreciate me squeezing on him, so he followed it up by showing me a squeeze of propane... it was hellatious fast! I looked behind me and saw this big ass cloud of black smoke- I thought the damn devil was following me! :lol:

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
The ones with the new 6 liter motor will run neck and neck with a stock x. He was probly stock. :waytogo:

·
Tacorpulent HP
2,306 Posts
ya i remember i saw one pulling out of the gas station, and all of a sudden i heard this earth shattering ROAR, and look over to see the 5 inch pipe spewing jet black smoke everywhere and that thing took OFF. I swear it must have gotten up to 60 in around 5 seconds lol

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Just keep in mind they have enough power to tow over 10,000 lbs like a tin can is tied to the bumper. I've seem some fast ones around here with some parts from the Banks catalog.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts