Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Toyota Tacoma
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I just bought a 2jz. It has a 1998 ik2 wiring connector under dash area. I'm swapping it to my 2003 2wd tacoma it had an automatic before I swapped it to manual. The harness in the cab is still automatic. The 2jz swap I have has a 1998 tacoma ik2 wiring connector I need help to re pin it to a 2003 2wd ik2 connector.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,972 Posts
Let's see if I understand the situation correctly ...

This 2JZ was previously wired to fit into a 1998 Tacoma, and the IK2 connector you got with the engine is wired to connect to whatever the IK2 connector was used for in a 1998 Tacoma.

Have I got that right?

Next question ...

Did you have to re-wire anything at the IK2 connector in your 2003 Taco in the course of doing the auto-to-manual swap?

If you did, that adds yet another layer of complexity to the situation.

Reactions: derek670

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,972 Posts
Next problem ...

"IK2" does not define a connector type. It designates a junction / location within the overall wiring scheme.

I'm attaching a 1998 2RZ engine control wiring diagram. This includes illustrations of the main connectors used and gives their connector names.

See if you can identify the connector type (e.g., J9 / J10) that's the one used for the IK2 connection you're dealing with.

Attachments

Reactions: derek670

·
Registered
2003 Toyota Tacoma
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The ECM is a standalone AEM infinity. The ik2 that came with 1998 tacoma harness doesn't plug into my 2003 under the dash. I think it's more for speedo and instrument cluster. I need the connector pin out for both to swap the wires to the right location.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,972 Posts
I can't help you ID the pins in the connector until and unless you can ID what connector type it is.

As I've already explained, IK2 is the ID for the junction (a location in the wiring scheme). It's not an ID for the physical connector used at that junction.

I suspect it's a J9 or J10 connector on the end of the engine-side harness, but it could be something else.

Look at the connector on the engine-side harness and see if you can find a connector ID on it. It should be a single letter with a one- or two-digit number.

If nothing else, see if there's a part number on the connector. I might be able to ID the connector type from a part number.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,972 Posts
Next question ... It's been more than 9 years since you registered at CT. Is the email address you registered with in 2012 still a good address?

·
Registered
2003 Toyota Tacoma
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes it's a good email I was overseas for a little while. Now I'm back trying to complete my dream project. I search on line it still says ik2 connector it doesn't connect to the ECM. It goes to a clamp type connector at the top of the glove box.

·
Registered
2003 Toyota Tacoma
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes it's a good email I was overseas for a little while. Now I'm back trying to complete my dream project. I search on line it still says ik2 connector it doesn't connect to the ECM. It goes to a clamp type connector at the top of the glove box.
On the 2003 I see 3B1.
On the 1998 E2.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,972 Posts
Thanks for the additional info, but it's not really any help.

You've got mail.

If there are any comments / questions post them here on the open forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts