Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've finally done it. Chalk up another headlight mod. :waytogo:

My truck is finally all black (save for the fogs), and I'll be happy to post some pics tomorrow when the sun is out.

Until then, I need to let my fingers heal. :lol:

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Alright guys. The moment of waiting is over. (I know that some of you were up overnight for this. :D )

Sorry the truck is dirty as hell, but the place I wash it was out of commission today.

Before:

After:

Now I'm all black, all the time. :waytogo:

My fingers have healed as well. Even though my TS buddy couldn't help me, I still managed. But for those to do it, just remember it will be a bit easier with help..... AND GLOVES!!

Mechanics gloves (tight fitting and heat resistant) and latex gloves (for handling while cool) is a good idea. Oven mitts don't work well when trying to pry apart the headlight.

..... Oh... and don't use glass cleaner. I forgot, and had some blue streaks on there for a minute. I also managed to chip one of them the same as everyone else, but it's not noticable at all, so no biggie.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh yeah. I forgot to mention. I didn't get the chance to paint it because I don't want to use the satin black on the emblem, so I have to go pick up some gloss black for it.

I'll do that tonight or tomorrow though (got class in a while), so no biggie.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You know, I've actually been seriously considering that lately. If nothing else though, I need to get a new license plate cover.

But I'm really split as to whether I should take it off completely or not, as cops love to check my plates to make sure my X ain't stolen. :shrug:

Can I put the plate in the windshield??

·
Banned
819 Posts
yea i was gonna take my license plate off but then i will have 2 big holes... and it came with plates when i bought it when it came from dallas how u close them or something :(

·
Registered
127 Posts
you need some tint too. How big are your rims??

·
www.LiquidAss.com
3,345 Posts
bakerism said:
If you need help man im willing to help... I might actually re do mine soon
:doah:

So you're saying I did a bad job:doah: :brickknoc ?

They are better than mine which were the first set I did, and yours were the third...

PS... get those emblems off before TacOberFest :D

NJ Tacoma... If you need support... I can help with that and a few tips cause I guess I suck at doing the lights. See above:D :runaway:

Looks good... Makes me wish I had bought a black one.

You should get tint, It may be different in Taxas, but legally have a plate in the windshield in many states.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hoodrich, I think some kind of filler, followed by a paint pen should cure MOST of the look, but it won't be %100.

Y'all really think I should do the tint?

LBSLOCALS, my rims are 18" with 255/55/18's wrapped around them.

Went and burned most of the back tires away though, so I might just make the back ones 275's if they'll fit.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts