Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im the FNG to the forums. Reading thorugh the threads I am confused...a little, and I have a question for anyone who can answer. I want to list the front of the truck to level it out. I have the Off-road TRD suspension 4WD w/ double cab, TRD progressive rate springs and bilsteins. Should I go 5100 route or spacers. Just want a little more ground clearance for approach angle , and trying to maintain a decent suspension ride. Also what would be a good idea for rear end height....articulation for off roading is important to me. Thanks fellas.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Go with the 5100's set at 1.75 then get the TSB done one the rear springs youll be fine.
+1, if you have the extra dash, do the 5100s. the cheap and budget way is to add spacers. it comes down to doing it right or wanting to save money, your call.

·
Registered
19 Posts
...articulation for off roading is important to me. Thanks fellas.
You've made an important statement. The vast majority of suspension lifts on the market don't actually improve articulation. They simply make more room for bigger tires. You can get the same thing with a 3" body lift for a lot less money.

If you want to improve articulation, you'll have to replace control arms, then add coil overs to work with the new travel. Very expensive.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A good budget "mid travel" lift that has served me very well on and off road.

I also have 2011 4wd O.R.

Toytec/ Eibach springs,
Bilstein 5100's,
WHE 3 leaf pack,
1/4" driver side spacer (Taco lean fixed),

Later I add:
Camburg UCA 1.25 uni-ball,
Toytec/ Eibach springs,
3/8" top plate spacer kit with studs,
33" tires

1 - 5 of 5 Posts