Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well lets see this is the Fourth deer i think (not to mension a turkey) that has hit my truck. this is the short story. There i was heading home while topping a hill 6 deer start to run across the road (im only goin 40mph) as soon as i see them i slam on the bakes and take my truck out of gear but it was too late 2 deer hit the fron of my truck (breaking both headlight, billet grill, and the metal bar behind the grille) while two slam in the side of my truck only puttin two small dents in the rear finder ( i fixed it with a plunger hehe) so now i sit here mad as hell trying to find out how much this is gunna cost me because i cant claim another deer or the insurance is going to drop me. (( i geuss i dont have to be scared to see if i can do the black headlight mod for when i get the new ones i can do it)) this happened like 15 minutes ago

·
Registered
536 Posts
sorry to hear about this... why would your ins. drop you for something that is completely an act of nature? i could understand if you kept hitting things you had control over (telephone poles, trash cans, buildings, etc...), but deer are living things that can do anything at any time, ie. not controlable.

good luck with all this though.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Just claim it. As long as they cover you, who cares. If they drop you, can't you just get another insurance company

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
first off yea i hunt everyday all day if i see one i shoot em (started after the second deer acident) and if they drop me other insurance companies wont cover a person that has often accidents. so im procing parts the bumber reinforcement bar is like 150 and each headlight is 155 and ill have to buy another billet grille but if any of you guys know of some decent priced aftermarket headlights please tell me

·
Registered
536 Posts
make sure you know for a fact that they will drop you because of this. this could be claimed as an "act of god"...

could you claim this as part of your comp, instead of collision? you know, as vandalism from another living being :lol:

but seriously, check with a lawer if you think that an ins. co. will drop you for that crap.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ill look into it a bit more but i wouldnt mind replacing some parts if i can find aftermarket parts it just gives me a little motivation

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Just wait some smart ass will come up with a chip to install on deer then a deer detector like radar warning...........can you imagine the money he'd make! :waytogo:

·
Registered
885 Posts
Dude, you need to put a cow catcher(or in this case, deer catcher) on the front of your truck. Better yet, I think you just need to invest in a ray gun mounted in your grill. Deer come out....ZAP!!!! Problem solved.

·
1GTACO
636 Posts
Elkaholic said:
maybe Ill go hunting with you someday. Sounds like u have no problem finden them. lol. Well sorry to hear about the busted front end, maybe a grill guard will help for next time then you can really show em whose boss
sounds like thats whats necessary...you know it is deer season...

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Insurance will probably drop you because you're a bad investment. You are always getting into accidents.. even if they're not your fault. They still lose money because of you. You need to consider some HID headlights next time. It increases road visibility a TON. Of course, if you break those you'll be spending alot more :doah:

·
[]D [] []D
22,705 Posts
consider buying an old toyota pickup as a beater and smash as many deer as you can.. save the x for nice sunny afternoons/weekends

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Make a custom bumper guard next with some spikes attached to the front, then get some custom saw blades to come out from under your truck and slice the legs of those deer, and you can go as far as putting small gattling guns coming from out off your hood kinda like the batmobile, that will make those deer to look both ways before crossing the street, before you know it the city will have to put a sign out for the deer saying "Beware BIGBUFF87 Crossing"

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
10,933 Posts
I'm sorry, but this thread had me dying for about 20 mins... I was telling everyone in the office about it!:lol:

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
dude this reminds me of that one movie that has deer running into the car...silent hill? i forgot trippy.

they actually have deer whistles to repel them...i dunno if they work though....by the time they hear it, it might be too late lol.

ARB bumper with impaling spikes so that way you can spear the deer and bring it home for dinner.

or you can go twisted metal style and load some rocket launchers and AR-15's in the front and blow your way through the herd :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts