Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
XRobber said:
:drool: :drool: :drool:
One of the best things you can put in back of a truck, along with girls, dirtbikes, kegs, surround sound, drums, guitars...:clapping:

·
Registered
533 Posts
And that ladies and gents, is what makes the XR so awesome.

Utility on top of looks and speed. So you can show off your 42" plasma tv in your nice a** truck, and you don't have to get it delivered because of lack of space, like in, say, a sports car. :evil:

Bravo on the tv. When do I get to come try it out? :D

·
Registered
159 Posts
I install Plasmas all the time and people always check me out when I have a 50-60 inch TV in the back.:lol:

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
8ate8 said:
Sanyo, boooo
I got it from Wal-Mart because, instead of 90 day return policy, Sanyo's warranty is 1 year with Wal-Mart, if anything goes bad, you go back to the store and pick up a brand new one and go back home with it. If the model isn't made any longer, then you get a total refund. That's a very good warranty, and the picture is just fine. The display set in the store has been on 24/7 for who knows how long and it's fine. As you can see reliability is my big concern.

·
Registered
398 Posts
You should return that ish and get something descent,i.e., a TV not from Walmart. I'm in the business and that aint a good set man. Get yourself an LG, perhaps a Panasonic, even a Samsung is FAR SUPERIOR to that. That TV is the equivalent of a ford fiesta.:doah: That thing is not dependable.PM me if you want some serious advice on finding the right TV, I do home theaters for a living. I don't want to see a fellow CT member get F**KED.

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
BlackSunshine916 said:
You should return that ish and get something descent,i.e., a TV not from Walmart. I'm in the business and that aint a good set man. Get yourself an LG, perhaps a Panasonic, even a Samsung is FAR SUPERIOR to that. That TV is the equivalent of a ford fiesta.:doah: That thing is not dependable.PM me if you want some serious advice on finding the right TV, I do home theaters for a living. I don't want to see a fellow CT member get F**KED.
I know this thread is getting off-course from X-Runners, but it has to be dependable, as I said they have the same one on 24/7 in the store running for who knows how long and it hasn't failed. Another point is I asked the people who were in the dept. how many of these sets were returned, and they said no plasma TV of ANY manufacturer they sell has ever been returned since the store opened for any reason, only tube TVs have been returned.

Also, I don't dispute your claim that other sets have better quality displays - however we are dealing with a price point, i.e., yes I could get the best 42" plasma made but at what price? We all deal with those issues with everything we buy. At the price point I got it at I see no problem with the display. I looked at Best Buy, etc. and I did see a few better looking ones but at a higher cost. I judged that the price difference was acceptable for the Sanyo's display quality.

·
Registered
229 Posts
True that, i am going to get one at COSTCO, 3 year unlimited warranty. Even if YOU break it, you still get FULL refund, then i can haul THAT in my X!!!!!

·
Banned from Auto*****s.co
2,790 Posts
After I bought my 50" plasma, I was talking to a TV repairman about how often he got plasmas and lcd's... he said "all the time... but you need to consider that 95% of TVs sold in the past 6 years are plasma and lcd's."

·
Registered
398 Posts
MikeX said:
I know this thread is getting off-course from X-Runners, but it has to be dependable, as I said they have the same one on 24/7 in the store running for who knows how long and it hasn't failed. Another point is I asked the people who were in the dept. how many of these sets were returned, and they said no plasma TV of ANY manufacturer they sell has ever been returned since the store opened for any reason, only tube TVs have been returned.

Also, I don't dispute your claim that other sets have better quality displays - however we are dealing with a price point, i.e., yes I could get the best 42" plasma made but at what price? We all deal with those issues with everything we buy. At the price point I got it at I see no problem with the display. I looked at Best Buy, etc. and I did see a few better looking ones but at a higher cost. I judged that the price difference was acceptable for the Sanyo's display quality.
Dude, are you serious? They aren't going to tell you that they get those TVs back and at Walmart these people dont know sh!t and work on the opposite side of the store where they do returns and would have 0 idea if one came back anyway.Claiming this TV is dependable is absolutely naive man. The TVs aren't on 24/7 and at walmart it's probably been on display no more than 2-3 months.I can personally tell you from experience that those POS's fail ALL THE TIME. They turn product over quick.If they get a bad TV they send it back to the manufacturer, so the "TV people" at Walmart would never even know when one got returned.If a display goes bad, the night crew pulls it and replaces it with another one overnight.I've been working with audio/video for years and what their telling you is a load of sh!t man.Would you tell Gadget how to tune a Toyota? I know what I'm talking about when it comes to A/V equipment and I'm seriously just trying to steer you in the right direction. It is not my intention to offend you or anything I have just been around this stuff for quite some time and I can tell you ; spend a couple extra $ and get a quality product at a store that specifically deals with audio/video. You can get an LG, Panasonic, or Samsung 42" plasma for about $1800!My personal recommendaton of the three would be the LG(largest manufacturer of LCD's and Plasma panels in the world) because I've seen the fewest problems with them, then the Panasonic. Please give some thought to this, I know what I'm talking about and just trying to help.

·
Registered
156 Posts
RexRunner said:
just plug it into the inverter in the rear and wire a ps2 to it, youll have the biggest tv in a x runner:D
i second that, but i think you'll have the biggest tv than any vech.

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
No its cool, I appreciate the input. I just think the warranty is too good. 1 year complete replacement - not parts and labor. What is the warranty on the brands you recommend? Sanyo would simply go kaput if the display was that bad, they could not afford to have that warranty. And I did check with the store manager about the warranty to make sure about it. And the way the world is today most of the parts inside are probably made by the big manufacturers anyway. I'll keep this one and if it fails I'll let you know you were right.

Update:

I peered into the back to see if I could tell where the parts came from and I saw a sticker on the main PDP module (the plasma display) -
it said SAMSUNG.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I'm sure it does say Samsung. There are only a few companies that make plasma panels.Pioneer,Panasonic,Samsung,LG,Hitachi, and a couple others.LG's have a two year warranty, and the complete replacement thing would be a Walmart warranty. Sanyo is going to be using a panel made by Samsung, but not the same panel that would be in a Samsung TV.Walmart will generally have agreements with their manufacturers that allow them to sell REALLY BASIC models and just return them straight to the manufacturer if they get returned for any reason, even if there's nothing wrong it will be sent back to the manufacturer when returned.The panel itself is probably the only thing that is made by Samsung, but it's not anything that they would put the Sammy name on.Big manufacturers make lots of stuff for lower end companies, but the common misconception is that it's the same stuff that's in the parent manufacturer's TV's. It's not even close to the same.Sanyo wouldn't go "kaput" from returned sets either, that's kinda like saying that any brand that's in existance has proven it's reliability-not so.It does not cost them much to produce a plasma TV that's meant to be sold at Walmart.They could probably have half their sets sent back and still turn a profit; Ford's still in business for the love of God!It 's all up to you but it sure wouldn't hurt to check out some TV's at specialty retailers just to see what's up. Check out home theater stores and audio/video specialty retailers-not everything they have is outrageously expensive.The little guys(locally owned and operated businesses) that directly deal with this stuff will be very familiar with what brands are reliable and look good.These kinds of retailers generally won't carry anything sh!tty because it will hurt their rep'. At least check it out dude.:waytogo:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts