Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Just bought a 95 Tacoma ext cab. I’ve been looking up threads on how people get there desired drop. It’s so scattered on what people do. Can someone please tell me how to get a 5-6” drop up front and a 6-7” drop in the rear. Want the truck slammed and sit perfectly level. Any help and pics of your truck with the amount of drop would be greatly appreciated. Very excited about have a Tacoma. I’ve had Mazda’s and s10s slammed but never a Tacoma. Thanks in advance

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,615 Posts
Welcome to CT!

First - just for the record ... Is the "1995" Toyota you bought definitely a 1995.5 Tacoma, or is it a 1995 Toyota Pickup (aka a "Pre-Taco" here on CT)? Same year - two entirely different vehicles.

If it's a Pre-Taco, you'll have more luck getting tips and advice over at toyotaminis.com.

Assuming it's a Taco ...

The reason the advice and reports you've found are so scattered is because any drop that low (5" - 6") is essentially a custom job involving different strategies and necessarily involving some work (cutting; fabrication; etc.) specific to that drop and that truck.

In other words, there's no single guaranteed cookbook recipe for how to get a 5" - 6" drop.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has to be the 1995.5 because it’s the same body style as the 96. Oh ok. So it’s not like other trucks where you can get spindles and springs and have a 5” drop up front. I’ve heard of the bj flip which can give 3” then add a 2” spring. That would give me the 5” up front. Right? Then for the back I’ll have to order drop leafs and then use a block I’m assuming. Do you have any pics of a Tacoma with that kind of drop? Thanks for the help

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,615 Posts
OK ... It's a 1995.5 Tacoma.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m doing the DJM front drop along with 2” springs. Truck isn’t back on the road yet to verify results. I did 4x4 springs out back with 2” blocks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts