Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Film was placed on the back of the plate. The led first goes through the film.

Any idea of there are different colour blue film?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I mean different blue colours? This colour blue was too light off course.

·
Mambeau / Admin
48,134 Posts
Dennis:

Could you post a photo of the film you used - preferably a photo showing how translucent it is as well as its color?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hai,,

please see the pictures attached.
first one is with the cover of the sticky part. Second one is without the protection plastic.

And then my neighbour came along and I am aware the he has been working at a company who makes this kind of tape.....and just forgot that part, which costed me 20 euro's.....

Guess that the one I got from my neighbour is the solution?

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Or does it needs to be darker blue? Or can I just tape this over the white parts which you can see through? As shown in my previous pictures?

·
Mambeau / Admin
48,134 Posts
First - install at least a piece of the blue film you got from your neighbor and check to see if it's blue enough for your liking. If not - you'll need some darker blue film.

I can't tell that the film you bought would add much blue coloring to the light passing through it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Thanks Enola.

I will take care of things tomorrow. Its now after midnight here....so bit late to work on the car :eyecrazy:

I just got not enough film to cover the whole plate. So I will cut this film in 3 pieces and stick it over the white parts of the plate.

Otherwise I have to wait 2 weeks, because the chrismas holidays have started over here :clapping:

·
Registered
344 Posts
What color are the led bulbs when powered up. Can you post a pic of the the details screen front and back?? hopefully put a flash light behind it snap a picture. If the details screen has a colored pigment on it then you have to sand the color off of it until the plastic is clear and then the leds color can shine through. Or sand the color off and apply a thin colored plastic film (if your leds are white or incandescent) to the sanded area for the color change you desire!
these all can be modified!!! I only used this site for all my bulbs.............superbrightleds.com

your leds appear to be like a 74 wedge led but i cant tell for sure. if it has to be soldered that's very easy also.
The white part of the cluster on the front is just a cover and can be separated from the circuit board. The lcd screen stays in the white part of the cover i believe. there are 3-4 release tabs that hold the circuit board and cover together. once you pop them free you need to remove the circuit board starting by the lcd screen and disconnect it very very VERY carefully. then we can get a better look at the leds!
I did mine with those bulbs at first but didn't like them. Got too many hot spots and it looked a bit cheap. You get any hot spots?

Here is a quick right up I did on TW for the 360 bulbs (not a great write up but gets the point across I think). Much better IMO (albeit a little bright).

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st-gen-tacomas/304374-c-control-module-led-light-swap.html

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I did mine with those bulbs at first but didn't like them. Got too many hot spots and it looked a bit cheap. You get any hot spots?

Here is a quick right up I did on TW for the 360 bulbs (not a great write up but gets the point across I think). Much better IMO (albeit a little bright).

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st-gen-tacomas/304374-c-control-module-led-light-swap.html
You have bulbs. I dont have bulbs. What do you mean with hot spots?
I have got these:

·
Mambeau / Admin
48,134 Posts
... What do you mean with hot spots? ...
'Hot spot' refers to unequal distribution of light. Some specific areas are brightly illuminated (the 'hot' spots), while other areas are noticeably dimmer.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Done it. Got darker blue film from my neighbour.
See results.

One problem left with my toyota. When I put on my lights, the dash automaticly dimm.
The option to brighten up the lights or to dimm the light, are not available on my car.
Unfortunately the cover of the dash is also smoked black.....

But hey, can have it all. Does anybody knows which wire is responsible to dim my dash when I put my lights on?

Hope you like the result!!

Thanks you so much for the help!

Attachments

·
Mambeau / Admin
48,134 Posts
Yes - that's more like it ... :waytogo:

You're going to have to find a wiring diagram for your Avensis to troubleshoot the dimming issue.

My first guess is that there's a light sensor that you've disconnected or covered while installing the film, and some auto-dimming controller is being fooled into dimming the dash lamps when they shouldn't be dimmed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Hai,

no, its normal with the european avensis verso that the dashlight dims when the normal gets on.

Second problem is, try to find documentation regarding the 2004 edition. Which is, by the way, not to compare with the 2003 version.

Am lookinf everywhere, newsgroups, torrents everywhere.....
This is what I need:
TOYOTA AVENSIS VERSO/PICNIC 2001-2007 REPAIR MANUAL

So if anybody had the cd/dvd....:bow::bow::bow:

I am still looking for the wiregram....

·
Mambeau / Admin
48,134 Posts
Dennis:

Oh - so you're talking about the normal dash illumination setting when the headlights are activated?

I thought you were describing something abnormal ...

Doesn't your Avensis have a rotary rheostat or multi-place preset adjustment for the dash illumination level? If so - just adjust the dash illumination to a brighter level.

Most vehicles have a user-adjustable dash illumination level control. My previous comment was a guess based on the idea your Avensis might have automatic lighting level adjustments.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Dennis:

Oh - so you're talking about the normal dash illumination setting when the headlights are activated?
Yes, thats what I tried to explain....in dutch it would be easier...:) But your are right

Doesn't your Avensis have a rotary rheostat or multi-place preset adjustment for the dash illumination level? If so - just adjust the dash illumination to a brighter level.

Most vehicles have a user-adjustable dash illumination level control. My previous comment was a guess based on the idea your Avensis might have automatic lighting level adjustments.
Most vehicles do have that.....except my avensis.....I know exactly what you mean, but there is no option on the avensis verso to dimm the light of my dash.

In general, there are almost no details to find on internet, or I am using google as a newby, regarding Avensis Verso.
Look on youtube and try to find some videos regarinding maintenance or what ever for an avensis verso 2004. (2004 it must be, previous years are not the same) 2004 was the final avensis verso version that was build until 2008 or what ever.

I am talking about this type, which looks like 2003 or earlier model, but again, no way that the are the same. Parts from a 2003 will not fitt on a 2004 in most cases etc.
And then we have all the different engines also...
Mine is a 2004. 2,0 VVTi Petrol

Currently I am looking for a second hand grill for the front side for the 2004 model. Germany, Belgium, England.....nobody has this grill.

sure I can buy this at a dealer, but 250 dollars for a piece of plastic.....no way. (my choice....)

Attachments

·
Mambeau / Admin
48,134 Posts
I don't know, Dennis ... :shrug:

The Avensis Verso is a Toyota model that was never seen here in North America.

Without wiring diagrams I have no idea where or how the dash illumination adjustment is supposed to work. If I understand you correctly, the light level is either (a) one setting only or (b) set automatically by some sort of controller.

Does your owner's manual give any description of the dash illumination features?

One more question ... I now realize it's unclear whether this lamp dimming behavior began when you added the blue film. Did it start when you added the film, or is it something the Verso has always done?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Always done it. All the versiond avensis verso have this.

Manuals do not contain info like wire diagrams or maintenance except change bulb or change fuse.

I am looking for maintenace manual downloads etc for this version which i have.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

21 - 40 of 44 Posts