Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

221 - 239 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
i dig that look and I'm the anti chrome too! :waytogo:
All I need now is chrome door handles and I'll be set for the whole white/chrome look. I like it a lot because it just flows. It's doesn't stand out like crazy like the red wheels did but it still has the aggressive fitment that turns heads... can't wait till I can go vrooom-pssshhhh... That will really get peoples attention! :D

·
ADMlNAHATER
8,720 Posts
All I need now is chrome door handles and I'll be set for the whole white/chrome look. I like it a lot because it just flows. It's doesn't stand out like crazy like the red wheels did but it still has the aggressive fitment that turns heads... can't wait till I can go vrooom-pssshhhh... That will really get peoples attention! :D
whats your suspension setup/drop specs? 5/7?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
whats your suspension setup/drop specs? 5/7?
Front: lower bjf, toxic shocks, slightly cut belltech springs (mainly to cure taco lean)

Rear: 4x4 main leaf, dearched 4x4 middle leaf, pre-taco load leaf, 3 inch blocks, drift notch, toxic shocks, and soon to have traction bars on there.

I would say its st a 5/7 maybe a little lower.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #226 (Edited)
soon to have traction bars on there.
which ones? I got some from speedfreek. they work great. not only did they reduce wheel hop but braking is better and so is turn in response. last week, when i turned the steering wheel at around 55 - 60 mph while going straight, the truck would turn after turning the steering wheel. very annoying. now, after installing the bars, it turns while i turn the steering wheel.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
which ones? I got some from speedfreek. they work great. not only did they reduce wheel hop but braking is better and so is turn in response. last week, when i turned the steering wheel at around 55 - 60 mph while going straight, the truck would turn after turning the steering wheel. very annoying. now, after installing the bars, it turns while i turn the steering wheel.
I bought a set of the plates from speedfreek that were modified just slightly so I could run 5/8" rod ends at both the frame and the axle end (5/8" hole instead of 3/8" hole on the link tab on the mount plate). So ya, they are going to be very similar to speedfreek's traction bars. I think I'm going to go outside the frame rail instead of inside too. That way people can see how pertty they are :)

·
Registered
350 Posts
So do you think 16 by 10 with 33 offset would fit? I am flared a lot in the back and not dropped in the front at all yet so? How would they fit. I know I would have to have major strech.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
So do you think 16 by 10 with 33 offset would fit? I am flared a lot in the back and not dropped in the front at all yet so? How would they fit. I know I would have to have major strech.
Yes they will fit. They will only extend out another 4mm than my 16x8 +12 wheels (look up a few posts for pics). I would run a 245 tire on them.

·
ADMlNAHATER
8,720 Posts
i know dude i know. I have to wait until income tax time so I can buy a trd kit and some QA1 coil overs and blocks from beef. also want to get some 235/40/17 RT615s for autox/race tires.
I'm honestly second guessing those QA1's..
Its a track use setup and not really a daily driver rig..

do a web search for QA1 coilovers daily drivers..

alot of people are talking about leaking shocks.. :mad:

221 - 239 of 239 Posts