Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont want it to be a drag racer but i would like to have some ass behind it. any ideas? So far i have performance chip ( i know i know.... performance chips are a waste of money but if it boost my truck just a lil bit then i want it.) flowmaster, cold air intake and possibly headers. please simplify it for me im mechaniclly new at this.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
I say no exhaust upgrades on any 4 banger. Kinda ricey imo. I'm gonna take my Magnaflow off and have the truck be what it really is and not pretend it's something else.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
i dont want it to be a drag racer but i would like to have some ass behind it. any ideas? So far i have performance chip ( i know i know.... performance chips are a waste of money but if it boost my truck just a lil bit then i want it.) flowmaster, cold air intake and possibly headers. please simplify it for me im mechaniclly new at this.
performance chip? they dont exist for tacoma's...

sticky...
http://www.customtacos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133036

only way to add more HP is to go to www.URDUSA.com and spend some coin on his supercharger kit...EVERY OTHER add on will yield hardly any, if at all, REAL noticeable HP.

just so you know you have the 2TR-FE 2.7l engine...

Do some searching around on the forums...you will find plenty of stuff that you can do, but unless you're boosting, it will be placebo HP...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so i'm getting different answeres. I do plan on getting a turbo kit for it one day next year. I've seen a few chips for the tacoma already. Is there a brand of turbo that anyone recommends for that truck

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Ok so i'm getting different answeres. I do plan on getting a turbo kit for it one day next year. I've seen a few chips for the tacoma already. Is there a brand of turbo that anyone recommends for that truck
Got a link to said 'chips'?

There is a member on here that turbo'd his 2TR a while back (smcdonn?). There are no turbo 'kits' for the 2TR...only URD has the supercharger kit.

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My bad black. I realized your link right after i replied. Will my truck being an automatic make a difference for installation or use with the supercharger kit?

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
My bad black. I realized your link right after i replied. Will my truck being an automatic make a difference for installation or use with the supercharger kit?
Auto will only matter when you get to a certain power range, the stock tranny may not be able to hold XXX amount of horsepower, that's when you would either do a swap or valve body upgrade.

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
What do you mean by power range?
every thing in the driveline is rated for a certain power "range"...basically each component has a limit to how much power it can hold/maintain. Stock transmissions obviously are not DESIGNED to hold up to really anything over the stock power output of the engine...kinda makes since, why would they make it hold more power if they only care if it holds the stock power?

and what do you mean gauge? you can get a temp gauge for the transmission fluid...that would def be good to keep an eye on the tranny temps, since heat has been KNOWN to be the death of the autotragics...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts