Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going with an aluminum base to go under my hotrod white sparkel and candy black paint for my truck and the base it needs to be heat cured and I was wondering how I should go about doing this and what materials is needed to heat cure?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Some paint shops have UV lights in their paint booths. I had a set in my old booth, get a sunburn too.:runaway:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
no dont worry solution to problems just got on autoaircolors.com and they had a write up on how to paint a ford or somthing and it said they used infa-red bulbs to heat cure paint :) easy.......only one problem I need a place to paint........I was gonna do it in my gerage but I have read that people strongly advise not to for sum reason.....looking for a paint booth somewhere I can rent or borrow :) wish I had a friend in the paint buisness.....

It would prolly be easyer though more expensive to haev someone do it but I would liek to do it myself just to have the satisfaction in that it is my work not anyone elses

·
Registered
253 Posts
AutoAir is good stuff, but it is water-based. Even a hair blow dryer works to set that paint. If you're painting a whole vehicle, you'll need a LOT of UV lights to bake the whole car...no one paints in sections.
Kudos for wanting to paint yourself, it is rewarding work. I paint smaller stuff like bikes and guitars now. Problems with painting in a garage is danger of fans and heater pilot flames which can ignite fumes. Overspray gets everywhere too. Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts