Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2” or so body lift and new OME springs in the rear with Bilstein coils front and rear and I want to add an extra inch or two to the front. What would you recommend? Would I just need blocks to go on top of the front shocks? You can see the front shocks are installed wrong, I’m going to flip this around the correct way when I lift it more

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,909 Posts
Wouldn't it be a good idea to correct the front shock installation first, just to see how the truck sits with the shocks correctly installed?

Once it's sitting like it's supposed to be sitting you can reasonably figure out how much lift you might want / need in the front.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wouldn't it be a good idea to correct the front shock installation first, just to see how the truck sits with the shocks correctly installed?

Once it's sitting like it's supposed to be sitting you can reasonably figure out how much lift you might want / need in the front.
If I need to add spacers I would rather add them at the same time. I think that flipping the part would lower the front unless I thread it higher, but idk for sure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see what you’re saying. I’d hate to do the same thing twice but it might be the wiser choice.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,909 Posts
I don't know whether it would make any difference, but ... You're gonna be pissed if you install a carefully-calculated lift arrangement and find that correcting the shocks throws it all 'off' from the get-go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts