Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much rwhp should a 2002 Tacoma 4wd Auto trans 3.4 with TRD supercharger, 7th injector, TRD headers, URD 2.2" pulley make at the wheels?

·
Registered
964 Posts
Please post your dyno. I assume you dynoed it to get that number. We can look at your curves and the afr's to see what might be the problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I forgot to get the A/F printed out......but i know it's in the 10.0 range.....and i know thats rediculously rich but the ECU would just pull timing if we pulled fuel, so we'd lose power. I'm trying to load the dyno graph but it's way too big and i don't know how to fix that. Says it's 408kb and i'm only allowed 19.5kb

·
www.LiquidAss.com
3,345 Posts
Don't feel bad man... I have horrible results on my other truck.
I have the 2nd gen S/C, URD fuel kit, Trd headers and cat back, IPT valve body mod and some more that I am probably forgetting...
I am convinced it is that Split Second box. The truck ran fine and had a lot of power before that... but I bought into the hype not to use the 7th injector and go with the URD kit, and I have spent lots o money trying to get it fixed.

This is my BEST dyno run sheet. 185 HP.
A few grand for a few ponies and an 8-9 MPG loss:brickknoc .

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Mine made mid 250's whp and mid 270's wtq with the proper fuel and tuning. With a perfect tune you should be in that ballpark as far as whp and wtq numbers. :waytogo:

·
Registered
824 Posts
trdtoy said:
Mine made mid 250's whp and mid 270's wtq with the proper fuel and tuning. With a perfect tune you should be in that ballpark as far as whp and wtq numbers. :waytogo:
Did you go to a dyno to get those numbers? Can you post the dyno sheet?

·
Vendor
7,124 Posts
BRB GTG PP said:
Don't feel bad man... I have horrible results on my other truck.
I have the 2nd gen S/C, URD fuel kit, Trd headers and cat back, IPT valve body mod and some more that I am probably forgetting...
I am convinced it is that Split Second box. The truck ran fine and had a lot of power before that... but I bought into the hype not to use the 7th injector and go with the URD kit, and I have spent lots o money trying to get it fixed.

This is my BEST dyno run sheet. 185 HP.
A few grand for a few ponies and an 8-9 MPG loss:brickknoc .

Why don't you bring that truck along Saturday and let me take a look at your tune.

Gadget

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Did not get a dyno print out of that run but did get one when I made 237whp and 250wtq. Do a search..........:waytogo: On the 237/250 run it was running a rich 11.0:1 afr and I had 1 cat still in the exhaust.:( On both runs I could only go to about 5100rpms due to the speed limiter kicking in. I could have made a little more power on both runs if I could have gone in the higher rpms but I don't have the speed unlimiter.:shrug: The mid 250/mid 270 run I gutted the cat and leaned it out to 12.0:1 afr. BTW my truck is a 2002, 4x4, ex cab, auto

·
Registered
743 Posts
trdtoy said:
Did not get a dyno print out of that run but did get one when I made 237whp and 250wtq. Do a search..........:waytogo: On the 237/250 run it was running a rich 11.0:1 afr and I had 1 cat still in the exhaust.:( On both runs I could only go to about 5100rpms due to the speed limiter kicking in. I could have made a little more power on both runs if I could have gone in the higher rpms but I don't have the speed unlimiter.:shrug: The mid 250/mid 270 run I gutted the cat and leaned it out to 12.0:1 afr. BTW my truck is a 2002, 4x4, ex cab, auto
trdtoy,
Any turbo status for us :D

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
trdtoy said:
This guys gonna help tune MY TRUCK:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D When i get that ftc box

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Is it too late to post up dyno runs to have the experts look it over?

I had my truck dyno'd and tuned here locally about 2 months ago. I didn't post up the results because I was kind of disappointed in numbers. :eek:
As it turns out, I guess I am pretty close to par with some of the other guys here. My mods are listed in my signature. Biggest thing to consider is the only exhaust mod I have is a new straight through muffler. I still have both cats(healthy) and still have the standard exhaust manifold.
My numbers were 204.62 Max Power & 220.97 Max Torque before they tuned it. After they tuned it, they found another 31HP & 40TQ. Final numbers were 235HP/260TQ. See attached picture. The first run, in blue, my AFR's dropped off the map, they were so rich. Now they are pretty close to 11.8-12.0. Dyno was ran at 100 degrees, and 18% humidity. Let me know what you guys think?

Swanie

Here is a link to my picture, it is 4.3M so it didn't want to upload here:
http://swanie.com/images/dynograph.jpg

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
wow that sucks and the stock 3.4 is like 210 hp, i need to get to a dyno and get a good tune, does an avrage dyno help tune the ftc ? and what does that cost ?

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
h2oplaydamian said:
wow that sucks and the stock 3.4 is like 210 hp, i need to get to a dyno and get a good tune, does an avrage dyno help tune the ftc ? and what does that cost ?
I always thought the stock motor was like 190HP, and I was wondering if that was measured at the crank, or at the wheel?
I was on the dyno for about 3 hours, so it was over 300 for the tune. But where can you buy something for 300 bucks, and get a verified 31HP/40TQ plus a safe tune, and increased gas mileage?
I'm pretty much done with my truck, I am just driving it now. It has plenty of get up and go, and passing power, and is fun to drive. I can spin those 33" mud tires at will. The guy at the dyno said I lost a lot of power to the drive train, and those big heavy mud tires. I still don't care, I like the way it looks, and it's fast enough for me.

Swanie

1 - 20 of 30 Posts