Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty new to Tacoma's, so any help would be really cool. I've tried a few different searches but I can't find an answer that really fits....The tires i want to run are Toyo MT 37x13.50x24's on a 24x10 wheel.

I know this isn't an off road setup, so plenty of you guys might make fun or not see the point, but I just want it to be big and turn heads at car shows. Any help would be really cool.

I've found a 6" Suspension, 3" Body lift, and 3" spacer lift....I'm really new to lifted trucks, but it looks like to me I can come up with 12" if I need too.

How much do I actually need to lift it to clear the setup I wanna run? What is the least expensive way to get it there and still do everything right? I don't wanna shortcut anything, but I don't have bottomless pockets either ya know lol

Thanks alot guys!

·
Super Duper Tundraholic
10,196 Posts
I believe dretaco is running 38" on 11" or 12" of lift. ask him :waytogo:

I just don't like the idea of 24" rims. A little too big IMO.

·
Registered
354 Posts
LilDave said:
I'm pretty new to Tacoma's, so any help would be really cool. I've tried a few different searches but I can't find an answer that really fits....The tires i want to run are Toyo MT 37x13.50x24's on a 24x10 wheel.

I know this isn't an off road setup, so plenty of you guys might make fun or not see the point, but I just want it to be big and turn heads at car shows. Any help would be really cool.

I've found a 6" Suspension, 3" Body lift, and 3" spacer lift....I'm really new to lifted trucks, but it looks like to me I can come up with 12" if I need too.

How much do I actually need to lift it to clear the setup I wanna run? What is the least expensive way to get it there and still do everything right? I don't wanna shortcut anything, but I don't have bottomless pockets either ya know lol

Thanks alot guys!

First thing is your are right to be having a prerunner.. now you can add 3inch spacers on a 6inch droplift and not blow your cv's since you have none. Your ride will be **** but if that is not your care then so be it. You can get away with those size tires with 12inchs of lift.. but 24's COME ON! the largest you should go with are 19's! never do more then half the size of your tires. Plus those 24's with the tires will cost you as much as the lifts and install. RED

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
I am a little confused........You are looking for the least amount of $$$ to do this lift and you don't have bottomless pockets??? I respect the fact that you want to build a nice show truck but....you better re-evaluate your budget and actually think logically. You'll need probably 10-15K just for this lift/tires/wheels/gears and other stuff that I can't think of right now. Good luck.....it's nice to dream :)

·
Premium Member
9,445 Posts
yep, im with Alex on this one... no such thing as least expensive way to do a show car/truck without looking like an idiot with a half assed vehicle... question should be which is the SAFEST and BEST way to do this project, not the CHEAPEST way...

its all good to LOOK good at a car show, but another thing to actually MAKE it to the car show without tipping over, falling apart, or otherwise lookin like a fool...

im curious now... anybody got a pic of 37s on a 24x10 wheel?

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
MikesDoubleCab said:
oh i see... yah, the sidewall looks a bit skimpy... i could see those on a dropped chevy fullsize though... 44s on the other hand would look a lot beefier...
that wheel/tires combo gave me a good laugh:lol:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My Dad sells tires and wheels for a living and has gotten Toyo to sponsor a set of tires for the truck, his company is buying the rims, I just have to buy the lift/gears/programmer/stereo......I didn't say I was broke and wanted to shortcut this thing, that's not it....I just want to research and find the least expensive way to put it in the air RIGHT. I'm not just gonna throw money at something to get it done.....That's what I meant by I don't have bottomless pockets.

So I guess I need to go with....

Fabtech 6" suspension lift
Toytech 3" spacer/shackle kit and a 3" body lift

So far that's about $2300......Does anybody have any other Ideas?

Also....How's this gonna make my truck ride bad? Not tryin to argue or anything, just trying to learn......I have a spacer kit on it right now, is that what you're sayin will make it ride bad? or is it the body lift?

Thanks alot guys!

·
Premium Member
9,445 Posts
if your dad wants to use the tire/wheel combo to advertise his business, i would say legitimize his shop and put that set on a bigger truck like a full size chevy... you put that kinda rig together, and you WILL turn heads at car shows, but it may not be the type of headturning that is gonna drive customers to your door...

as for whether or not your truck will ride bad, it will be fine on road so long as you take turns under 35mph oh, and be careful about swerving on highways... remember, the body lift will alter your center of gravity greatly, especially with such a narrow body like the 02...

either way, it sounds like you are set on doing the lift and tire/wheel combo, so good luck with all that...

although, i wonder if it would be the same cost to convert it to 4x4 and SAS

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I'm just set on the tires/wheels because he has had a set of the tires up there for a year now and needs to do something with em......I would LOVE to build a fullsize chevy, but there are so many running around here....I just want something different.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts