Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(This may have been more appropriate for the maintenance section, but I think I'll get better results here.) Anyway, how long did your original clutch last? Whats the average life of our clutches?

·
Mambeau / Admin
48,212 Posts
On my 1993 beater the original clutch has now lasted over 145,000 miles / 11.5 years. Maybe not surprising, because most of that mileage was interstate cruising.

·
Registered
14,485 Posts
mine lasted 20K miles with me driving...lol of course i stuck it in 4th while mudding and it didnt grab.. i thougth it was the tires spinning.. bad move.. that lasted about 3 mins straight.. then i went from redline in1st to 5th after someoen tried to hit me and i sidesteped the clutch.. and then boom no more clutch.. had pieces of it stickign out the heat boots... but on the other hand my friends 97 taco has 134K on it still running strong.. it will slip every once and a while.. btu he has 18's so that dosent help...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Tacoma 143,000. Just had it replaced a few months ago.

4x4. 165,000 or so. Replaced with a Downey unit. The factory clutch still had some life left in it but I nuked the trans so I did the clutch while it was out....

·
il padrino
5,165 Posts
First one went at about 25k. Second one went at about 65k. I'm now on my third and super-upgraded. Granted, I burned up my first two with the s/c and nitrous.

·
Registered
1 Posts
(This may have been more appropriate for the maintenance section, but I think I'll get better results here.) Anyway, how long did your original clutch last? Whats the average life of our clutches?
replacing clutch in my 1991 pickup extra cab
with 22re. @ 223,00 miles still working good. Throw out barring
singing bad. First and only new car l ever bought. $ 10,200 still have the sticker

1 - 18 of 18 Posts