Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another member and I are meeting up with our trucks to exchange rear windows from our trucks. My truck has the solid rear window while his has the sliding rear window 3-pane. What tools do we need to do the swap and would someone happen to have a tutorial with pictures? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Basically you need a rope and some lube:) I mean the wd 40 kind its easy to pull them out just peel the seel from the inside and walk it around. To install use some rope in the seel channel and spray it with the wd 40 then push the see in the channel as much as possible and then pull the rope while the other guy pushes the window in the seel should fold inside and the windo should sit in with it. its pretty easy after you do it once.

·
Banned from Auto*****s.co
2,790 Posts
tacoturbo95 said:
Basically you need a rope and some lube:) I mean the wd 40 kind its easy to pull them out just peel the seel from the inside and walk it around. To install use some rope in the seel channel and spray it with the wd 40 then push the see in the channel as much as possible and then pull the rope while the other guy pushes the window in the seel should fold inside and the windo should sit in with it. its pretty easy after you do it once.
Too bad you have to do it once for it to be easy... :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
i know this does not help at all. but does anyone know, why some tacomas have the solid and some have the sliding rear window? mine is an 04 and it has the solid. i was kind of disapointed. but not enough to stop me from getting a good deal on a great truck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i know this does not help at all. but does anyone know, why some tacomas have the solid and some have the sliding rear window? mine is an 04 and it has the solid. i was kind of disapointed. but not enough to stop me from getting a good deal on a great truck.

The sliding rear window was optional. The solid window was standard equipment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts