Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
j-baby
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any1 got custom hoods, i got 1 from glassworksunlimited.com the
"supercharger hood" kinda loos like the stock 4 runner hood , but yall can look fir yourselves

whaaaaaaaaaaaazz up

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
how does that look?? I'm considering getting one of those too.. i think it would fit pretty well. I know someone on the board has a 4runner hood, but he more or less did the whole front 4runner style.. took the lights, grill, valance, and fenders...

Easy bolt on?? How about painting it? how much was that?

·
j-baby
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
very easy bolt on,i saw it on a truck online and didnt like it, but i saw no othr hood for the tacoma so when i got bored i ordered it and loved it, very strong looking hood, to paint it it was like 200-250 dollars only because i got like 1 of the top paint shop in va to do it and got a lifetime warrenty ad all the good stuff,

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
alright!! Looks like a go for me. All i need is a few solid positive feedbacks on those babies... i've been looking for a hood scoop for the longest time!! I was considering getting a fiberglass shop to cut a slip into my existing hood and do some fiberglass work.. then mold in a hood scoop or shape ina hood scoop or something... that way i wouldn't have needed to pay for a paint job.

It'd be custom too!

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Hey, anyone seen the Tacoma carbon fiber hood on an actual tacoma before?? how's that look?

·
j-baby
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
they hae a pic on here some where of the carbon fiber hood, personal, i give it 2 thumbs down

·
j-baby
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
love the truck hate the hood, there s a taco around here who said hes gettin a cowl hoo, i think hes full of [censored] but ..u never know

·
Registered
311 Posts
A buddy or mine has an older chev truck customized, he took his original hood and sectioned in twin scoops from a firebird or something. It looks amazing and is a one of a kind, I am hoping to get a scrapped hood with a scoop to do this to my truck.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey, va burnt tacoma, all I can say is "bitter, party of one: your credit card was declined"!

Yours Truly, Beezer
The TURBOED tacoma with the carbon fiber HOOOOOOOOOD!

G

·
I can't decide!!! i like the supercharger hood, but am wondering if it would be less $ to have a body shop install a scoop.

I would really like to get the carbon fiber hood though, and put red skunk stripes on the hood to match the truck, and black stripes on the roof and tailgate.

-John
Quantico, Va
2000 V6 TRD Xtracab

·
j-baby
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
o beezer dont go cryin cause ur hood is damn well black and your truck is white...big deal u got a zebra cake tacoma

·
j-baby
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hey quantico john, if you wanna c the supercharger hood let me know and u can come to fredericksburg bout a 1/2 hr away and look at it up close and personal

G

·
If you don't drive, work on it, or pay for it then what gives you the right to talk negatively about it. Being a wastewater engineer doesn't make you the God of the toyota tacoma.

·
j-baby
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
first , get a name .. then well talk, # 2 i have the right to say what i like and what i dont, i told who ever the hell owns the truck that i LIKE HIS TRUCK NOT THE HOOD! and who te hell sad i was a toyota god, but until u wanna get a name so i can get back to u personally...buzz off

1 - 20 of 64 Posts