Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whenever i close the hood on my 93 pickup, it attaches to the first latch... but the latch that holds the hood all the way down (the one that pops the hood when you pull the lever in the cab) will not secure the hood down.... anything i can do? ive tried a bunch of auto part stores but have no luck... right now its being held down by a peice of rope...

thanks

·
Waxed to Perfection
5,658 Posts
sounds like an adjustment problem.. loosen the screws holding the latch mechanism, try raising it a little tighten it up and see if it works, repeat until it is right..

·
Registered
750 Posts
dropthattaco said:
or screw down the stops located in your hood. they are also adjustable. :waytogo:

or check to make sure your cable is releasing when you pop it. There is a tab that the cable pulls on. you'll see it below the tension spring. If you pop it back with a screwdriver and it works you know you have to lube the cable.

·
Registered
64 Posts
spray the **** out of it....play with the hood release. It's embarrasing, my buddy had to jump my 93 w/ his 98, neither one of us could close our hoods when we were done!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts