Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup everybody its great to be here. i was wonder what kind of trucks you guys have? i hope we can learn alot from each other.i am 19 years old and live in San Diego CA this is my 2001 taco i would appreciate some comments. thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
751 Posts
hi
Where did you get your headers??? how much did it cost???
Any shop???

1995 2wd standard cab
San Diego, Mira Mesa Division

D

·
0 Posts
well my headers are for 95-98 tacomas but these have been modified for my truck. they are from HotShot performance and i got them from Pann motorsports in mira mesa lol. they cost me 300 or so. i hope this helps =)

·
Registered
751 Posts
do headers does really help for tacoma??? i am looking LC headers you think this one is good headers??? what you mean modified for your truck???

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
getting headers improved my performance dramatically. i felt less of the low end torque but my gain in higher rpms is killer. for example when i just had my intake and exhaust my friend would always pull on me in higher rpms. his car is a civic Si and these things are ferocious on the high end and was keeping up with him with my headers installed! i read up on the LC headers and i think that they are worth giving a shot, because of all the success they had on the 22R.

oops - i modified the header because it was for a 95-98 tacoma all i had to do is plug up the EGR valve flange on the last pipe on the header

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had the lc headers be for my turbo install they added about 12hp at the wheels . They look good too , not to mention they are stainless steel (ceramic coated ) rather than aluminium

·
Registered
751 Posts
thanks, i am really looking for a header i even try to get downey headers but i like LC b/coz it was ceramic coated and its bolt-on. i want to do it all myself no money for labor.

·
Registered
89 Posts
hold up , you may want to think about getting a tech involved .....i have a freind that owns a race shop dedicated to import and they had a hard time with the install do to the smog fitting leaking . Call lc and ask them

·
Registered
751 Posts
i called them and one of the representative said its bolt-on no problem. i know what you mean, i think it was one of the sensor by the down pipe. was it???? and i called the toyota performance down in AZ. they said same thing. give me more info about this please b4 i buy headers i want to install it with no problem. thanks

·
Registered
89 Posts
first off who is toyota performance in az....Well i dont know if they are all going to be this way but, the problem on mine was the mog fitting ...you will be able to install them np however you may need some one to alter the smog pipe so it does not leak . Dont let that stop you i ran mine with the leak for a month before my performance shop fixed it .

·
Registered
751 Posts
the shop i called TCR Automotive Tucson, AZ. 520-747-0563 this shop is a authorized dealer for LC parts and installer. i think the kit for 95 tacoma headers comes with a down pipe to connect directly to catylic converter.

·
Registered
159 Posts
El prototypes have a header for your truck (I do not know if it is a 2rz or 3rz). They are here in cali (Azusa near l.a) They do some really nice work in their shop. If you have any questions call them up at (626) 812-4358 and ask for Eric (the owner) or you can send him an email at [email protected] . Tell him Ivan sent you.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
to be honest i have no idea besides the selection of headers out there is very minimal =( so anything is better than stock.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts