Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if this makes any sense. My truck rides really stiff with 3" blocks in the rear. I heard that if I take out my overload leafs, it will ride a lot better. The only problem with that is that I still need to carry stuff in my bed sometimes and I can't afford to lose all that payload. In JC Whitney's catalog, I saw that they sell helper springs for a $100. Basically, the helpers are coil springs that mount on the axle and can handle up to a 1000 lb. load. I figured that if I take my overload spring out and put that helper coil spring in, I can solve both problems at one time. Does this make any sense? Has anyone seen or tried anything like this? Thanks.
Rich

D

·
0 Posts
yeah i was kinda wondering the same thing, im gonna drop the rear with 4" blocks in the back then remove my extra springs for more drop. But i didnt want to have any problems with axle wrap or anything like that. Hellwig makes traction control bars that go over the front portion of the leaf that i saw in jc whitney anyone know about them?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts