Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,
I have an 05 Tacoma ext. cab 4x4 sport. As with most all Tacomas from 05 my leaf springs had a reverse arc. Dropped some coin and picked up a new set of their "stock + 3/4" and an extra 600lb capacity" leaf springs from Northwest Offroad (NWOR) Took some time out of my day today to install, went in without to much trouble and got it all back together.
Before I started I measured from the ground to the bottom of the receiver, that measurement was 15 1/2", after the install I measured to the same location and that measurement is 20 3/4". :confused:
Boy howdy it does look stupid:puke:, rear of truck is sitting over 5" higher than front and it feels like I am going to slide out of the seat when driving. After a quick test ride I notice 2 new things, a much smoother ride and a vibration coming from somewhere under the truck, driveline?
Has anyone on this site ever installed the stock + 3/4' springs from NWOR?
I'm thinking maybe they mislabeled some springs or mixed things up in shipping. Going to need a much bigger set of grippers to fill in all of that open wheel well space.
Since I am this deep what would be a decent option for leveling the front?:brickknoc

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,661 Posts
NWOR only advertises a maximum of circa 4" lift from their 2005+ rear spring sets.

Have you double-checked the part numbers from the springs (or shipping documentation, or whatever ...) to make sure what you got is what you wanted?

The 2005+ set that should have yielded only about 3/4" lift with up to 700 lbs. additional load carrying capacity is their part number N73560.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Item ordered was the N73560, the sticker on the leafs also show the same number. For the sake of conversation even adding 3/4" to stock height should not produce a vibration in the driveline. Yes the driveline has a carrier bearing and I will take your advice and add some shims.
Well here is another one for you, since Toyota picked a vendor that produced the rear leafs, what are the chances that the same vendor produced the front coil springs, and if that is the case then what would the chances of the front coils also sagging? It is my understanding (based on information from this site) that a lower grade steel was used in the leaf springs.
Thanks

·
Registered
9,300 Posts

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts