Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Mr. Pessimistic
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Does anyone know of a vendor who makes black 16" steel rims for a 5lug tacoma? I looked up American Racing but they wont make it with the required FWD offset. Any ideas? Thanks

here's what I am trying to find:

·
Registered
74 Posts
RustStang78 said:
Guys,

Does anyone know of a vendor who makes black 16" steel rims for a 5lug tacoma? I looked up American Racing but they wont make it with the required FWD offset. Any ideas? Thanks

here's what I am trying to find:

try some welds...weldsracing.com...

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
What width size?? http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findWheelDetail.do?wd=16&pc=71607&rw=6.5&bp=5-114.3

A 16x7 +12mm might just fit but tires will probably rub the fender lips.
No one makes steel wheels that look decent and still fit under a Tacoma in a 8" width. 16x8 +12mm offset will still stick out.
I dont know the stock wheel width and offset but if you do you can figure out measurements by using this
http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

Plus I think Tony is looking for a steel wheel to keep cost down.
Tony, got enough money to buy these
Competition
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findWheelDetail.do?wd=16&c=1&pc=59990&rw=8&bp=5-114.3

·
Mr. Pessimistic
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want a 7" wide rim. I like the steel cause its a cheap set of 16's. while those rims are kickazz They are out of my budget (its only about 250 before shipping cause I got to budget tires)

·
www.ncp-power.com
4,510 Posts
there's a company that makes them called unique wheels.
check www.uniquewheel.com the offset isn't perfect, but it's pretty close. you can order the wheels from discount tire and they're called unique style 42.

·
Mr. Pessimistic
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well thanks for all the different vendors guys. Unfortunately, none of them are willing to make a rim to fit

·
Registered
2,969 Posts

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
tacomaman said:
I had a 16x7 on my taco and the offset was +40 which was perfect. A RWD wheel will stick out too far.
was it lowered with a relocated ball joint? I have ran 16x7 +38 and they rub on the bolts on the lower control arm. of course i probably am one of the hardest driving 2wd tacoma owners on the site. so maybe going through turns with the wheels at full lock at 40 mph with the front suspension fully compressing doesnt help with that. a 7" wide wheel at +25 would probably be pefect. I have a 8" +35 on up front right now with a 215/45/17 and have no problems.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
The 16x7 was at stock height. The outer two bolts on the lower arm with the b/j flip should be put through the bottom up so that the left over bolt threads are on top that way they don't hang down and possibly hit the wheel. For 17's and larger wheels that won't be a problem.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
tacomaman said:
The 16x7 was at stock height. The outer two bolts on the lower arm with the b/j flip should be put through the bottom up so that the left over bolt threads are on top that way they don't hang down and possibly hit the wheel. For 17's and larger wheels that won't be a problem.
I cut and ground down those two bolts and they still hit. So just some advice to anyone who reads this that did not run their bolts from the bottom up. 16x7 +38 or more will diffinetlly hit. 17 and bigger are fine since i have 17x8 +35 on right now and have ran 17x7 +42 in the past also.

·
www.ncp-power.com
4,510 Posts
the wheel i ordered is a 15x7 with a +12mm offset, and it's listed with a 4.5" backspacing. we'll see when it gets here on friday. i'll keep you posted.
oh yeah, i run a b/j flip with rolled fenders front and rear. if they do fit i'm gonna run a
235/60-15 bfg radial TA. OLD SKOOL!!

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
not to jack your thread ... but i have some black s-runner wheels i would LOVE to get outta my garage ... let me know :shrug:

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
i told you they wouldn't probably fit. are you fenders rolled at all?? fenders would need a roll out back and a roll and pull up front or 4x4 fender with a roll. then use a 215/45/16 if you had a 16" rim. EDIT: nv i thought they were 8" wide not 7". with a 7 and a roll i would only run a 205/45/16 or in the case of these pictures, a 205/45/16. that would be a super tight fit and the tires would be pretty small.

·
ADMlNAHATER
8,720 Posts
1 - 20 of 97 Posts