Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just sold my old truck so it's time to find out what the heck I'm getting for my new black 06 tacoma.

I am going to get the fabtech 6" lift and I realllllly want black rims. I can't find any black rims. The only ones i can find are 8" wide. I am looking for 10" wide so I can run 12.5" tires. So if anyone knows where i can find 17" x 10" rims, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!!!!

I've searched and haven't found anything.... thanks

They have to fit the fabtech kit....thanks!

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
You don't need 10" wide wheels to fit 12.50's. These wheels are 17x9 and have the perfect backspacing that you need to fit that lift. 9" wide would work fine so start looking for that set-up.....you'll have more options.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's just that I heard it's bad to have such a wider tire on a rim that isn't as wide. I was told to have an 8" wide rim, 10" wide tire. 10" wide rim, 12.5" wide tire....... and so on.

Thanks for the pic. But I'm looking more for the simple black look. Like the MTs but black. Anyone got anymore ? thanks

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
My old set-up was 18x9 with 325/65/18 which was about a 13" wide tire and they were fine and looked great. I know Hawaii has a "thing" for wide azz rims but no need to go to a 10" wide rim for the 12.50's you are wanting. I'll keep my eye open for some others.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AZSCTACO: Hey thanks for the info on the wheels for 12.5" tires. I know what you mean on the "hawaii thing" with rims and tires. I personally think 95% of the lifted trucks here look ridiculous and stupid. But hey, that's what they enjoy. So what ever. I think I am leaning towards a 16" tall or 17" tall rim and maybe 9" wide. I called a local shop and sai I can fit the Super Swamper's IROK 13.5" wide tire on this 17x9 rim that will fit my tacoma. I might go with that!

CRaigTRD: haha, thanks for all the info on the kit and wheels. I am definately considering those rims. It's just that the shipping to hawaii would probably kill me. I am going to browse the local shops here for some black rims, but if i come up empty....those wheels will do the trick!

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Just make sure you get the correct backspacing (or offsets) for the wheels you are getting. I think Fabtech calls for a 4.5" BS. My 18x9's had a 5" BS but I put a 1/2" spacer to make them fit. Good luck and let us know what you end up with .......with pics of course.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts