Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im new this so take it easy on me. im looking to get a little more bass out of my speakers not alot just better than stock. could i just replace my stock speakers and get better bass or would i need an amp and subs and all that? can you guys recommed some speakers that have a good rep on delivering nice bass? thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just got my X-Runner, so I haven't done much to it yet...but I have replaced the factory piece of crap speakers all around. Head unit is still stock, and it runs the 6x9's and 6-1/2's fine, and is a HUGE upgrade from the factory speakers. I put in Infinity Reference front and back....total cost, about $200.00 :)

They could definatly use more power, but it if you're just looking for a basic and in-expensive solution to cure bad sound, tossing those stock speaks in the trash is the right place to start.

·
Registered
240 Posts
New spkrs would help but ya gotta find out how many watts your hu is putting out and what Ohm load your current spkrs are. Most factory HU's put out about 20-25 watts and are 4 Ohm. So putting some "good" or even better spkrs in there will sound better than factory but not at louder volumes. Ultimatly u would want to add an amp if your gonna upgrade the spkrs to something that will give you more bass.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so its save to say that if im gonna upgrade my speakers it would be a good idea to also put in an amp so things will sound good right?

·
www.LiquidAss.com
3,345 Posts
HU's are like ~5 watts a channel. And that 50x4 watts you see on aftermarket is going to be a max rating as well. Now way they are fitting a 200 watt amp inside the tight confines of a headunit.

If you want to add some bass easily, just get a sub and amp package and splice wires from the rear speakers into the high level inputs on the amp after you do the power, ground and remote wires, and you have some bass.

There are a lot more ways to do it.

A full new system.

A set (or two) of amped components in the front. Rear fill pulls the soundstage backwards. It can hurt you sound more than help with a sub and amp still.

It all depends on how much you like music and what you want to spend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts