Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wonderin what a good heat exchanger would be for my setup?:shrug: I'm thinkin since my theme seems to be "overkill" with my 15gpm pump, spearco 2-170 i/c core(4.5"x9"x10.125"), and ~2 gallon resevior, that I will go with a 24"x7"x3" heat exchanger made for the lightnings and cobras just to keep it goin.:lol: Whatta you guys think? Recon it will give it away that I'm turbo'd with a big arse shiny heat exchanger out front? I want to keep it as "sleeper" as possible. :waytogo:

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm just up the road from ya..........literally! 15min tops from ya!

·
www.ncp-power.com
4,510 Posts
i'm running a 16 pass dual core oil cooler with electric fan. it does a damn fine job for me. you can get em from summit or jegs.
those single pass exchangers on cobras and lightnings are J-U-N-K!!! the water is in and out way too quickly to take the heat out effectively. with the pump your running, you'll neet a really good water cooler. if you reduce the flow, you can probably do a little better, due to the water is going a little slower and it has time to sit in the cooler a little longer, thereby allowing it to absorb more heat.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was talkin bout an all aluminum 24"x7"x3" dual pass heat exchanger! :waytogo:
Not the crappy stock ones or the single pass units..........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts