Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a used 2012 Tacoma a while ago, and after some time I decided to get some new headlights housing on them. I ordered a pair from amazon, and when I installed it, I noticed the headlights were not adjusted straight ahead, and when I tried adjusting it using the adjuster screw in the back, I got no difference. I returned them and this time spent some more money, and got a nicer pair from Spyder, but when I installed it, same thing they were not straight and not able to adjust in the back.
I thought i was just unlucky twice, but when I was on the phone w someone from Spyder, he asked me if I had LED or HID headlights. Whoever had the truck before me had already installed some LED headlights, and they are still on. Would the LED headlights be affecting the way the light projects? And if so , is there any way I can fix this without spending a lot of money on new headlights? I would appreciate it if anyone could help me here!

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,701 Posts
Welcome to CT!

I'm a bit confused about what you had to work with when you acquired the truck.

(1) Did your 2012 Taco have factory or aftermarket headlight pods (overall housings / units) installed when you bought it?

(2) Did the original setup (installed when you bought the truck) project the headlight beams just fine? That's a clue that the combination of pod and bulb was specific enough that you might not be able to change one without changing or accommodating the other.

If they were OEM pods modified for the LED bulbs or aftermarket pods designed for (aftermarket) LED bulbs it's unlikely any new aftermarket pods are going to work right out of the box.

That's about all I can tell about the situation without more specific details on what you've got to work with.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts