Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here has installed an aftermarket header on a 4-cyl.? Where can I get one? Is it easy to install? And how much extra power will it give me?

O

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have a 2001 and I haven't installed one yet because I am saving money for a turbo from E.L.Prototypes. They also have headers for tacomas though. L.C.engineering also has headers depending on the year of your taco. I can't see them being very hard to install, just make sure you get the torque spec's right or they will leak.

·
Registered
5 Posts
OH MAN OH MAN! hey dude, let us know how that Trubo works out for you. If you can please document from start to finish. Been wondering for the longest time what those EL turbos can do.

and about installing the headers. Make sure you have a torque wrench. If you've had your ride for a couple of years, most likely the bolts will be on there *tight* or even rusted. If you can get through that obstacle then the rest is easy.

·
Registered
18 Posts
http://www.northwestoffroad.com/parts/triheaders.html

NWOR recently released a new, ultra-quality, Tri-Y header system for the 2.7 liter 4cyl engine used in the Tacoma, and T-100 trucks. NWOR's Tri-Y designed header really brings these 2.7 four valve engines alive. The engine response has been fantastic throughout the entire rpm range, and we've received reports of 2-3 mpg improvements in fuel economy. NWOR's 2.7 4cyl header showcases new technology in header design. It features full 1/2" thick, precision laser-cut, blanchard-ground flanges to ensure a "no gasket required" fit. As usual, the header material is premium grade 14 gauge tubing which has been mandrel-bent on Eaton/Leonard aircraft tube bending equipment. NWOR uses 14 gauge material for its superior strength, durability and its sound-deadening qualities.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hmm.. northwest offroad is only 30 miles away from me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts