Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
11,582 Posts
How bad is it? Try McGuier's Plastx if not too bad. If that doesn't help, wet sand with a #2000 wet sand paper, then use Plastx. It's easier if you take the assembly out of the grille with the lightbulb out.

· Premium Member
653 Posts
Not to thread jack, but when using the wet sand paper, must the lense and the paper be wet for it to be effective?

· Registered
234 Posts
Get some 3M rubbing compound (perfectII) and clean them with that, then get some 3M hand glaze to follow. It might take a couple times, and if that doesnt work then use 2000 grit sandpaper like that other member said, and keep the paper wet and dont go in circles! Then follow up with the two steps mentioned above. Then everytime you wax your truck, wax the lights too for protection and you'll be cool!

· Registered
234 Posts
I'm in Glendale all the time visiting my friends, they live off of highland and glenoaks, so if we ever run into each other I'll hook it up for you. I'm always in my red dub cab so keep an eye out and I'll do the same.

· Registered
11,582 Posts
SRakaSSS said:
Not to thread jack, but when using the wet sand paper, must the lense and the paper be wet for it to be effective?
The wet sand papers I've seen were Wet/Dry sand papers, and they work just fine without water, but it slides better with water as the sanded material doesn't gunk up. You've probably noticed this.

· Registered
529 Posts
mobile 1 said:
Get some 3M rubbing compound (perfectII) and clean them with that, then get some 3M hand glaze to follow. It might take a couple times, and if that doesnt work then use 2000 grit sandpaper like that other member said, and keep the paper wet and dont go in circles! Then follow up with the two steps mentioned above. Then everytime you wax your truck, wax the lights too for protection and you'll be cool!
thats exactly what i did mine to get my headlights lookin brand new again. that rubbing compound is the sh.it:waytogo:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.