Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

have a water leak

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  LexusTaco 
#1 ·
I have a water leak in my 2000 single cab not sure were it is coming from its only on the driver side and the bulk head is wet is there any known issue with body welds braking on the Tacoma's ? it douse have a after market windshield but this only started a few months back and the windshield has been in for years my carpets are toast now and I'm fed up with the water. Any ideas how to fix the problem . :brickknoc

#2 ·
Check where that bundle of wires comes through the firewall.

The way the cowl drains water it runs right down on that wire bundle. If you have modified it by pushing wires through there it will leak and run down the outer side of the floor board.

Both of my 3rd Gen 4Runners would leak there. Used some kind of puddy that used to seal wires through walls and stuff. We used the same stuff on fire trucks where wires go through roofs to the light bars.

G

#4 ·
Did this water leakage problem start while you were using the air conditioning a lot? There's a drain line from the A/C unit behind the lower center dash that runs through the firewall. If that line gets clogged or disconnected it can cause leakage inside the cab.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.