Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[Cue the banjo-music… cuz I feel like a total ******* asking this question.]

I’m looking to mount a gun-rack inside my truck, hopefully a nice and solid one. Does anyone have any insight or experience with gun-racks (i.e., which are good and which are crap)? Also, I have a sliding rear window, so that may limit my options… I’m guessing I can’t really drill through and expect it to still slide?

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

·
Eat Me!!!
1,670 Posts
[Cue the banjo-music… cuz I feel like a total ******* asking this question.]

I’m looking to mount a gun-rack inside my truck, hopefully a nice and solid one. Does anyone have any insight or experience with gun-racks (i.e., which are good and which are crap)? Also, I have a sliding rear window, so that may limit my options… I’m guessing I can’t really drill through and expect it to still slide?

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
I was running the ones that has the flat hooks that go into the window and used to use them in a single cab ranger and my head would hit them alot. then i got my ext tacoma and i couldnt get them to work. so i would just lay them in the floor. i ran so many ideas through my head but they were all custom fabrication like bolting a set up like on the ceiling or back wall or design a sub box and mount racks to it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
haha gun racks in cali!! is that even a question!?:funnyup:

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,881 Posts
Pace Edwards once offered a variation of their Shelf-It overhead rack designed to hold a rifle.

I'm not sure that's even an option, because I think Pace Edwards quit manufacturing the Shelf-It.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have not been able to find one that fits. I tried on my 02 and now on my 06 and the window is just not tall enough. I gave the suction cup style a shot and they were great for a ball cap at the most, I definatley would'nt put a gun in one. I ended up going with the seat back gun rack. Its just a soft rack. Its not all that great but does the job. You can get them from Cabelas for bout 20 bucks.

·
Registered
69 Posts
^^^^ All I've seen are the suction cup ones and everyone has the same opinion, they suck! I've been looking for something along these lines myself. Post up if you find something worthwhile.

·
Registered
321 Posts
CABELAS.COM :waytogo:

·
Eat Me!!!
1,670 Posts
x2 ;)

Dont feel *******' I live in a small town in Alabama, we even mount them to bicycles...:lol:
wow bicycles is giong a little too far. but nah my hometown is sylacauga.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts