Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone grind going into second gear on the high revs, if so what can i do??????:shrug:

·
Tacorpulent HP
2,306 Posts
ya it happens to the best of us, the shifter likes to pop out of place on those high revs, my best advice is a) short shifter b)really focus on that shift, hold it in place during clutch let out c) dont get too ancy, dont rush through the cycle like it's a sports car, remember, this is a clunky ass truck :waytogo:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the trd short shifter, its just when i am going into second really fast it makes a little grind, but its only when i am almost at redline. when i shift slow it doesnt do it. . .:looney:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am definitely going to complain about it, i just dont know how to tell them other than. . . when i go shift fast to second it grinds. . .:doah: :brickknoc . . .but the additive is added where??

·
Registered
736 Posts
Mine has done this since new but only when I tried to speed shift at high rpm I have posted about this before, and have found that the best thing you can do is change the gear oil to synthetic. I use redline gl-4 75w-90 in mine. It doesn't completely fix the problem but its much! better:)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wouldnt the grinding be in the transmission not the rear end. . .so how does changing the gear oil. . .help with the grind in the tranny???? please excuse me im not a motor head:brickknoc :brickknoc :brickknoc

·
Boost Addict
712 Posts
Drftn07 said:
Wouldnt the grinding be in the transmission not the rear end. . .so how does changing the gear oil. . .help with the grind in the tranny???? please excuse me im not a motor head:brickknoc :brickknoc :brickknoc
Lol all i know is that i work at toyota, i told the mechanic the problem, he did that, and problem completely solved. (its only been like 2 weeks but it hasnt grinded once)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks :waytogo: i apprecitate it. . um where do i add the additive, or do they do it for you when you bought it. . . and it wasnt expensive was it????

·
Vendor
7,124 Posts
Drftn07 said:
The transmission uses gear oil inside of it to lubricate it. He changed the gear oil inside the transmission not the rear diff.

Gadget

·
Boost Addict
712 Posts
Drftn07 said:
thanks :waytogo: i apprecitate it. . um where do i add the additive, or do they do it for you when you bought it. . . and it wasnt expensive was it????
The mechanic did it for me when we were installing the S/C... it's $10 and goes where gear oil does. there may be a write-up somewhere on changing gear oil. Im not the best to explain it thats for sure. All i know is it worked lol.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If i change my tranny fluid and diff fluid to redline oil it wont void the warranty wiill it? :selfbonk:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts