Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are my pics, please excuse my really dirty truck.
I did take the opportunity to clean the dead bugs out of the radiators, and spray all the silver stuff behind the grill black.

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
Re: NEW Daylight Black Headlight Pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That looks wayyy sick Scott! What paint did you use to paint your emblem?

·
Registered
5,472 Posts

I think he said he used the new Metal paint. makes things look anodized. In the blue color.
I bought that stuff and i dont know if I got a bunk can..but it sprayed like crap in globs and just wasnt smooth

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I posted details here on 'the other place'

I used MetalCast, and it goes on well. I destroyed one emblem because I tried sanding it first as instructed... it looked like crap.

The only problem I have is durability, as I get pits, missing paint chips, in the emblem, and have to repaint it every few months. Although it is rather quick and easy, 1 minute to remove all the old with Acetone, and another 30 to spray. Next time I may try a shot of acrylic clear I have laying around over the top. Overall I think it looks good. I also did all the Toyota logos on the hubs on the rims, makes a big difference in appearance. These show no sign of wear. (sorry no pictures of these)

·
Registered
5,472 Posts

they look nice...all you do for teh front emblem...pop off the grill..and there are just 3 tabs holding the emblem on..it pops on and off in 2min

1 - 7 of 7 Posts