Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
1GTACO
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read that Gadget has the lc1/xd16 in his X...now im looking to purchase that or the lm-1, which would be better...permanent or removable. Also, how could the XD-16 gague be mounted? Does URD sell mount kits or is it a make your own damn mount situation?

·
Registered
8,466 Posts
dakinisbatman said:
I read that Gadget has the lc1/xd16 in his X...now im looking to purchase that or the lm-1, which would be better...permanent or removable. Also, how could the XD-16 gague be mounted? Does URD sell mount kits or is it a make your own damn mount situation?
you dont need to have it permanante. if you want permanante, go with the xd 16 lc1. thats what i have. if you need to tune and remove (most cases) then the lm1 would work. i prefer to monitor my engine as close as possible to notice stuck 7th injector ect..... they do not offer a mount as far as i know.

·
1GTACO
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jonathan said:
you dont need to have it permanante. if you want permanante, go with the xd 16 lc1. thats what i have. if you need to tune and remove (most cases) then the lm1 would work. i prefer to monitor my engine as close as possible to notice stuck 7th injector ect..... they do not offer a mount as far as i know.
i dont have any need to remove and i do love that little air fuel gague. did you weld your bung or did a muffler shop? where in the exhauset do you put it, where its 2 into 1?

·
1GTACO
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Korova said:
That measures the air/fuel ratio, right? What's that ratio supposed to be?
for emissions its 14.7:1 its called stoichiometric (stoy-key-ometric) efficiency. i think thats how you spell it. for horsepower its better around 13.2:1. at least when i was in school doing dyno runs thats what we were taught and thats what yielded the most horsepower.

·
1GTACO
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jonathan said:
i welded the bung on the driver side header, before the first cat.
dont you need it reading all 6 cyl? or do they all come together right where your talking about.

·
Registered
8,466 Posts
dakinisbatman said:
dont you need it reading all 6 cyl? or do they all come together right where your talking about.
no, i am only reading one bank. they should not differ from side to side. the cat will make it less accurate if i put it on the y pipe. 13.2 is too lean. on NA shoot for something around 12- 12.5:1. mine is tuned to 11.5.

·
1GTACO
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Jonathan said:
no, i am only reading one bank. they should not differ from side to side. the cat will make it less accurate if i put it on the y pipe. 13.2 is too lean. on NA shoot for something around 12- 12.5:1. mine is tuned to 11.5.
That 13.2 is what worked best for streebikes. my bad i should have clairfied.
You have headers though right? im all stock for exhaust, where is a good spot to mount the bung then? wheres your xd16 gague? steering column?

·
il padrino
5,165 Posts
Do NOT got to Marco Muffler. Bunch of hacks and liars there.Try Muffler Tech.

·
Vendor
7,124 Posts
dakinisbatman said:
If you don't need to keep moving it to another vehicle for tuning, I suggest a unit that installs in the truck.

When I tune other people's trucks I use my LM-1 with the windshield mount.

For my own trucks, I have a wideband mounted in each of them. I got one of the first PLK M-300 units that were released and put one in each of my 4Runners. I have the controller/display unit installed in the glove box. They used to sell an adapter to adapt the older narrow band gauges to the unit and I have a Split Second ARM1 installed in each behind the speedo glass. That gives me an approximate display and when I want real numbers I open the glove box and look at the digital display.

For my XRunner I went with the new Innovate LC-1/XD-16 gauge combo. That gauge is really an awsome unit. Brian from URD was there the day the first production run was being done and I was the first to get one...

The LED is a super high quality type the same that they use in aircraft. It auto brightens and dimms and the Sun can not wash out the display. It is very impressive. I have that mounted in my dash where the radio used to be along with 5 other gauges AutoMeter NEXUS gauges.

PLX now has a very nice digital gauge display that was recently updated so that is another option if to add to a PLX unit.

Anyway, there are so many differnet options and combinations to choose from. What you need to do is to decide if you want a mounted unit or a portable unit. From there you can start narrowing down the different options, but I will bet you end up with the Innovate LC-1/XD-16 gauge combo...

Gadget

·
1GTACO
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Your probably right, i like the LC1/XD16 the best. Now for that o2 bung, i have cats, so reading one bank of cylinders is alright...? I know they should be the same on both banks. Where else have you guys mounted them? (for the guys who have cats)

·
1GTACO
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Racer_X said:
Batman- definitely go to mufflet tech!
sh't man i can drill out and weld the bung hole (hehe) myself. i have a little mini mig.

Whats this i read about you giving up on the taco? Without childish things theres nothing to keep our souls at peace! all work and no play makes racer x one uptight (and tacoless) sob!

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
10,933 Posts
X will be tacoless in the near future with the remergence of the truck- I have buyers for it... I'm being compensated well though- can you say Lotus Elise owner? Yeah, I'm on that ish right thurrr!

·
Vendor
7,124 Posts
5000XD said:
damn, that was scarry.

Gadget, can you give some in depth pointers to which 12v line you connected your lc1?
I run a fused line right to the battery controlled by a relay. I run all the stuff I install to run off of the relay, wideband, gauges, RADAR detector and so on. I do not like tapping into existing circuits.

Gadget

·
Registered
533 Posts
Gadget said:
The LED is a super high quality type the same that they use in aircraft. It auto brightens and dimms and the Sun can not wash out the display. It is very impressive. I have that mounted in my dash where the radio used to be along with 5 other gauges AutoMeter NEXUS gauges.

Gadget
So when are we going to get to see pics of your ride inside and out? :loveeyes: :loveeyes:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts