Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,
So as many of you probably know, Im currently running a Super 40 Flowmaster on my truck with stock piping. I really like the sound it gives off but in my opinion, its still not loud enough. At idle, you can tell my truck has had some exhaust work compared to a normal 3.4 but its still not loud enough:shrug: . When I stomp on it, it sounds decent on the exterior but on the interior, I really can't hear it all that good (thanks to the delta flow technology from Flowmaster). A buddy of mine has a cherrybomb glasspack on his early 90's Dodge pickup truck with the 318 v8 and that thing sounds mean!:eyecrazy: Im curious to see if anyone here has put glasspacks on their taco? I've heard lots of various cars/trucks with glasspacks but they ALL were V8! If someone here has a clip of one, could you please post it up and comment on it??:meemee: Im curious to see how a glasspack would sound on a V6, could someone help me out here :confused:

·
slow poke
3,098 Posts
I haven't heard one on a 3.4l, sorry :(

But! -- if you like the tone quality of your flowmaster (and if you don't have to pass emissions) you could keep the same type of exhaust note but make it significantly louder by taking off your 2nd cat. and replacing it with a straight pipe.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I used to have a generic glass pack on my 95 3rz. It was really loud outside the truck, but for some reason it wasn't all that loud inside with the windows up. Then I had my catalytic converter gutted and got an AEM intake and it wasn't too loud inside, but my brother said he used to hear me from the bottom of our road (about a quarter mile) when he was outside.:headbang:

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thebige said:
I used to have a generic glass pack on my 95 3rz. It was really loud outside the truck, but for some reason it wasn't all that loud inside with the windows up. Then I had my catalytic converter gutted and got an AEM intake and it wasn't too loud inside, but my brother said he used to hear me from the bottom of our road (about a quarter mile) when he was outside.:headbang:
Nice :waytogo:

·
cold eh
3,804 Posts
The best preforming exhaust I've had with the turbo was a cherry bomb. Right now I'm running a 3" dia. purple hornie. It's pretty much the same as a cherry bomb. Straight through design to decrease back pressure. The loudest and nicest sounding exhaust was the supertrapp. If you want crazy loud just use the discs.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Sounds like you did exactly what I did... had the stock muffler replaced with the flowmaster and left everything else exact.

if that is the case, and you want it louder, you may just try messing with the tip. Putting one of those megaphone styles will louden it up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts