Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Performanceproducts.com sells a gibson swept side cat back system for the standard cab 2wd 2.4 liter 4cyl. Anyone have this exhaust on their Tacoma or know how it may sound on a 4cyl? Any opinions about this exhaust system? The price is $263.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I had the entire cat back system and bolted it on myself. It sounded deep, almost like I had a six cylinder. Since then, I've had an exhaust shop repipe and weld everything. The only part of the exhaust I use is the muffler. They lifted my exhaust so it wouldn't bottom out then ran duals out the back after it. I like the way it sounds. It's not too overbearingly loud but you can definitely tell that it's an aftermarket exhaust. Plus it does give a little more boost in the higher rpm range.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Your exhaust was bottoming out? How low is your truck, since i'm thinking about lowering it again. And exhaust is in the near future as well.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
checkout Jardine (spelling?) they might be a little cheaper than Gibson, from my other cars that I've done up if you go with a larger diameter pipe you'll loose low end but gain top end

1 - 7 of 7 Posts